Sperm plug 🔌

Happymule

Can a sperm plug that gets stuck kill ur dragon? Why I’m asking is my dragon had passed one. He kept straining like he was constipated. But he was having normal bowel movements. He was eating and acting normal. I took him to vet. They said he had one stuck inside. They removed it Sent him home. His beard started staying black. His belly seemed to be hurting. All this happened over Christmas. I was supposed to take him back for recheck the next week He died the December 23 2023 I don’t know what happened Me and my husband are heartbroken. My dragon was only 3

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Unfortunately I do not have an answer to that question but I want to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. That story is really heartbreaking especially with Christmas eve around the corner :(
Maybe the vet could have caused some internal damage? But I'm just guessing here...

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I'm very sorry as I too don't know that answer either. I'll have @Drache613 take a look. I agree with Chris the Vet may could have caused some internal damage. I don't think it could kill your dragon but I am not sure. I am very sorry for your loss. :(

Happymule

Original Poster
Unfortunately I do not have an answer to that question but I want to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. That story is really heartbreaking especially with Christmas eve around the corner :(
Maybe the vet could have caused some internal damage? But I'm just guessing here...
Thank you I was thinking that too. I guess it’s just one things that happens sometimes

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

OH NO!! I am so sorry that happened. Most of the time, sperm plugs eventually work themselves
out without needing any manual removal. The vet most likely injured him upon unclogging & removing
the sperm plug. Heartbreaking indeed, I am so very sorry. He was definitely way too young. :cry:
My condolences to you & your family, for your terrible loss.

Tracie

Happymule

Original Poster
Hello,

OH NO!! I am so sorry that happened. Most of the time, sperm plugs eventually work themselves
out without needing any manual removal. The vet most likely injured him upon unclogging & removing
the sperm plug. Heartbreaking indeed, I am so very sorry. He was definitely way too young. :cry:

Tracie
Hello,

Tracie

Happymule

Original Poster
Hello,

Tracie
Thank you to everyone that commented on my bearded I thankful I have all of you when I have questions about my dragon 😃

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom