Hard urate? And weird pooping time

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, my bearded dragon just pooped in the middle of the night. She got up and then pooped where she was laying down. She was having diarrhea and just got tested for parasites. The results came back negative. I have been trying to fix the diarrhea by giving less watery things. This poop was diarrhea as well. But, I think the urate is hard. Although I’m not sure. It is hard to squeeze it. And there might have been another one that looked kinda hard too. The picture is after I’ve squeezed it. Did she get dehydrated from the diarrhea and trying to fix it? Or could it be too much calcium? I’ve been giving it to her every day because she laid eggs a few weeks ago. Or is it something else?
The first picture is the urate as well as the second picture. It looks darker because the lights were off
The third picture is the rest of the poop. And what I think is another posssible half urate. But I’m not sure.

Attachments

• 11763291-EC1D-43CF-882F-10738FB36FB5.jpeg
    11763291-EC1D-43CF-882F-10738FB36FB5.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 40
  • BAD4452A-E303-4398-BAF1-7ECA85FAE13A.jpeg
    BAD4452A-E303-4398-BAF1-7ECA85FAE13A.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 34
  • B0FC91B6-7418-40F1-B0A4-1C01E468CF0D.jpeg
    B0FC91B6-7418-40F1-B0A4-1C01E468CF0D.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing today?
How often are you giving calcium supplementation?
You could reduce the frequency of the calcium intake
or you could go to a liquid calcium to see if that is
absorbed more easily.
Has her beard been normal color lately?
Sometimes if they have a hard urate, loose stools will
follow because it causes GI disturbances to a point.

Let us know how things are going.
Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

How is your girl doing today?
How often are you giving calcium supplementation?
You could reduce the frequency of the calcium intake
or you could go to a liquid calcium to see if that is
absorbed more easily.
Has her beard been normal color lately?
Sometimes if they have a hard urate, loose stools will
follow because it causes GI disturbances to a point.

Let us know how things are going.
Tracie
Right now she is still asleep. But, I will also say how she’s doing in the morning as soon as I know. Her beard was dark for most of the day leading up to the poop. Other than that it was bright for a lot of days before today. Right now I believe she went back to sleep. I have been giving it everyday for a while now. I’ll reduce her calium intake. And also maybe get liquid calcium. What would be a good amount of calcium to give her? Earlier that day she was also not wanting to eat her greens. But, really liked the crickets. Should I try anything to help with dehydration? Or just try to reduce the calcium?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Right now she is still asleep. But, I will also say how she’s doing in the morning as soon as I know. Her beard was dark for most of the day leading up to the poop. Other than that it was bright for a lot of days before today. Right now I believe she went back to sleep. I have been giving it everyday for a while now. I’ll reduce her calium intake. And also maybe get liquid calcium. What would be a good amount of calcium to give her? Earlier that day she was also not wanting to eat her greens. But, really liked the crickets. Should I try anything to help with dehydration? Or just try to reduce the calcium?
Also, thank you very much for your help!!!

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Today, so far, her beard is bright. She really liked her crickets. I was trying to hand her a green. And she jumped down and ate a whole bunch by herself before I could. So, that’s good. About an hour later I tried to hand her a plain green, and she didn’t want it though. But, she did just have a lot before. She’s been picky about the plain greens on and off for a while now.

Attachments

• 6CCD23F2-6E55-40D6-ACCC-39DEE60D3E2F.jpeg
    6CCD23F2-6E55-40D6-ACCC-39DEE60D3E2F.jpeg
    262.3 KB · Views: 19

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Today, so far, her beard is bright. She really liked her crickets. I was trying to hand her a green. And she jumped down and ate a whole bunch by herself before I could. So, that’s good. About an hour later I tried to hand her a plain green, and she didn’t want it though. But, she did just have a lot before. She’s been picky about the plain greens on and off for a while now.
She ate some more on her own again and a plain green that I handed her. So that’s good!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She is certainly a cutie! I'm happy to hear her appetite is doing well & she is eating greens on
her own most of the time. Be patient, they can get quite picky on which greens they eat if any.
Most do love crickets, so hopefully she will continue to eat well & improve.
If her beard isn't dark anymore it sounds like she is feeling better. Keep us posted on her progress.

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

She is certainly a cutie! I'm happy to hear her appetite is doing well & she is eating greens on
her own most of the time. Be patient, they can get quite picky on which greens they eat if any.
Most do love crickets, so hopefully she will continue to eat well & improve.
If her beard isn't dark anymore it sounds like she is feeling better. Keep us posted on her progress.

Tracie
Ok, thank you very much!!! Sometimes it seems like her beard gets dark when she needs to poop. Not every poop though. Her last poop her beard was bright and she was eating fine. She also sometimes won’t want her greens when she needs to poop either. I guess it makes sense if it was a hard urate because that seems like that might be hard on her to get out.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are very welcome!
Absolutely, harder urates are a bit irritating for them. Hopefully you can get her urates softened
up so she wont have more trouble.
I'm glad overall she is doing much btter now.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom