My Beardeddragon is very underweight

ChinookGirl

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gordy
My bearded dragon is about nine years old he’s very underweight And dehydrated probably. poor diet and poor feeding Schedule. is there anyway to get him back to good health agen? He Has a good Feeding schedule now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh ok, that is great! You can put some aloe vera gel, or shea butter on the tail to help try
& get the stuck shed off. It should work itself off if the tail has shed. How long has it been
there?

Tracie

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
Hello,

Oh ok, that is great! You can put some aloe vera gel, or shea butter on the tail to help try
& get the stuck shed off. It should work itself off if the tail has shed. How long has it been
there?

Tracie
Hi Tracie,

I inboxes you. Can you please take a look at it?

HeathJenks

Beardie name(s)
Pi'lar (Pea-lar)
My bearded dragon is about nine years old he’s very underweight And dehydrated probably. poor diet and poor feeding Schedule. is there anyway to get him back to good health agen? He Has a good Feeding schedule now.
I use Meijer spring water no Chemicals
My dragons name is Pilar. She is 10 years old. She was in great shape last August and then started to lose weight. I took her to the vet and she was down to 360 grams and very thin. After 2 gram stains and 2 fecals, antibiotics, probiotics she is doing much better. But the vet discovered a tape worm while checking the 2nd fecal so she was treated for that and had her 2nd dose of the tw medication. I have NO idea how she picked this up. Now I am not sure if it is safe to give her feeders sold from pet stores and or sites that provide feeders for bearded dragons. So I would start with the vet. I have been giving her herbivore oxbow with bee pollen and blueberries mixed in it. It is Critical care Oxbow on amazon or wherever. Good luck Chinook Girl.

ChinookGirl

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gordy
My dragons name is Pilar. She is 10 years old. She was in great shape last August and then started to lose weight. I took her to the vet and she was down to 360 grams and very thin. After 2 gram stains and 2 fecals, antibiotics, probiotics she is doing much better. But the vet discovered a tape worm while checking the 2nd fecal so she was treated for that and had her 2nd dose of the tw medication. I have NO idea how she picked this up. Now I am not sure if it is safe to give her feeders sold from pet stores and or sites that provide feeders for bearded dragons. So I would start with the vet. I have been giving her herbivore oxbow with bee pollen and blueberries mixed in it. It is Critical care Oxbow on amazon or wherever. Good luck Chinook Girl.
Ok thank you for your help I will get him to the vet as soon as I find a good reptile vet🦎🦎🦎🦎🦎 fingers crossed that he doesn’t have a tape worm or more than one🤞🏻

Attachments

• 85DCD81E-E51B-4A0E-AB24-07B9E641F719.jpeg
    85DCD81E-E51B-4A0E-AB24-07B9E641F719.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 76
  • C7FFACE0-0C25-4F79-8DF3-D2739D5CBDD4.jpeg
    C7FFACE0-0C25-4F79-8DF3-D2739D5CBDD4.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 0BE27C0E-338D-4282-A649-4DD75936D7E9.jpeg
    0BE27C0E-338D-4282-A649-4DD75936D7E9.jpeg
    256.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuexedulichthailan
Top Bottom