Underweight?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds good , do you have a new pic of Puff ? You can probably skip the vitamin shot, I've never read that they really help in a situation like this.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I bought the guy’s set up and he has a long tube uvb light, but not long enough in my opinion so I’ve ordered a longer one. He also had a pretty crappy basking light which I’ve replaced it with an Arcadia D3 bulb. There is a temperature gauge in the enclosure, but I’ve ordered an infrared thermometer to test all areas. I’m trying my best.
Ok so your on the right track -- you want 2 digital probe thermometers for the most accurate surface basking temps --- 95-100 -- what is the brand and bulb your using for the UVB and how old is the bulb? How long UVB? You dont want one that is the length of the tank--

Bleepblop

Original Poster
Sounds good , do you have a new pic of Puff ? You can probably skip the vitamin shot, I've never read that they really help in a situation like this.

Attachments

• IMG_2775.jpeg
    IMG_2775.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 46

Bleepblop

Original Poster
I’ve sent a pic from today. He’s in great form after the vet. I’ll still take him back to the vet in a month’s time as I just want to make sure he keeps heading in the right direction health wise and the vet is a super knowledgeable guy so provides a great deal of reassurance

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Nice set up, lots of space to move around and for climbing ! What bulb is that on the right, looks large like a MVB. And is that him in the pic on the left ? He looks so much heavier.

Bleepblop

Original Poster
Nice set up, lots of space to move around and for climbing ! What bulb is that on the right, looks large like a MVB. And is that him in the pic on the left ? He looks so much heavier.
The bulb is Arcadia D3 basking bulb (yes it is a mercury vapour bulb), both photos are from today

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He looks like he's at the proper weight now, you've taken great care of him. Now watch that he doesn't go the other way of gaining too much which is really common . BTW how many watts is the MVB and does he like it or shy away from it ?

Bleepblop

Original Poster
He looks like he's at the proper weight now, you've taken great care of him. Now watch that he doesn't go the other way of gaining too much which is really common . BTW how many watts is the MVB and does he like it or shy away from it ?
It’s 100w and he appears to like it - he chooses to sit under it anyhow. I will defo be making sure he doesn’t get overweight which would not be good for his wee joints.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
That's looking really nice and it's good to see him getting heavier.
Btw I use a mvb myself and Luis does prefer it much over the incandescent bulbs. If only the light wasn't so tinted 🙈

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, he is really looking good there, very alert! His weight, to me, appears much better now.
How is he doing today?
The tank setup looks nice & bright also. The Arcadia bulbs, both the UVB tubes & MVB lights are
so wonderful, we use Arcadia too.

Tracie

Bleepblop

Original Poster
Hello,

Wow, he is really looking good there, very alert! His weight, to me, appears much better now.
How is he doing today?
The tank setup looks nice & bright also. The Arcadia bulbs, both the UVB tubes & MVB lights are
so wonderful, we use Arcadia too.

Tracie
Puff went back to the vet about a week ago and vet said he’s at a normal weight now and his bone density has improved. He’ll be looking at him again in 6 months but all looks very positive.

Attachments

• E22E8ED8-8121-435F-94EE-C0D9E66A78B9.jpeg
    E22E8ED8-8121-435F-94EE-C0D9E66A78B9.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 35

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Puff went back to the vet about a week ago and vet said he’s at a normal weight now and his bone density has improved. He’ll be looking at him again in 6 months but all looks very positive.
That's great news!
The picture is adorable 😍

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He looks really terrific there! It is a lot of work getting them back to health, but you have
done a great job! He looks very happy.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom