Yellow abdominal fluid in my BD

Mizjackson9

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zipp
Hi everyone! This is my 1st post, please be kind. I adopted my bearded dragon almost 2 years ago. She was sick when I got her and I found out she had follicular stasis. She made it out of surgery with flying colors and her appetite has been Supreme since then. Recently, I noticed her belly looked a little bloated. Long story short, I've soaked her a few times thinking it may have been constipation and then I took her to the vet. Her vet agreed that she looked a little bloated so she took her back and did a quick ultrasound then came back with a syringe full of yellow liquid. She tells me that was from her stomach and they Drew out a total of 30 cc's from her abdomen, and that wasn't all of it either. I had her that draw blood and send off for comprehensive blood panel. She mentioned that her results aren't alarming but there is some concern that it her ovaries could be growing back or he even worse, it could be cancer. She did not see any abnormalities during the ultrasound either. It has nothing to do with her diet, lighting, Temps or anything of that nature, she's had a clean bill of health from her vet a couple of times already. Anyone experience this or familiar with this, I know the yellow fluid is not a good sign and my heart hurts. What are your thoughts and/or advice?
20240306_185600.jpg
20240306_184745.jpg

Attachments

• Front_Cat_003496.pdf
    316.2 KB · Views: 28

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is quite a bit of fluid! I looked over the blood work. The AST or liver enzymes are elevated but
within range. She could possibly just be having trouble with her liver to some extent. That does happen
often when they have egg issues.
You can treat for fatty liver right now, to help give liver support. Milk thistle is very good for liver support.
The Uric acid is a little higher but probably from stress or dehydration so I don't suspect gout at all.
The Albumin is a little high, so I hope she isn't developing more follicles. She just had a surgery but they
didn't spay her, correct?

Tracie

Mizjackson9

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zipp
Hello,

That is quite a bit of fluid! I looked over the blood work. The AST or liver enzymes are elevated but
within range. She could possibly just be having trouble with her liver to some extent. That does happen
often when they have egg issues.
You can treat for fatty liver right now, to help give liver support. Milk thistle is very good for liver support.
The Uric acid is a little higher but probably from stress or dehydration so I don't suspect gout at all.
The Albumin is a little high, so I hope she isn't developing more follicles. She just had a surgery but they
didn't spay her, correct?

Tracie
Hi Tracie,
She was spayed and she did say her reproductive parts can grow back. She said it's happened only once, and I knew it wasn't a guarantee too. She's still eating, eating hornworms, dubias, squash, collard greens, turnip greens and dandelion greens; I mix in arugula too. I can't afford a CT but maybe an x-ray but I don't know if it will really show much of anything. She's still moving around and eating so I am holding off on taking her to the vet to get fluid drawn out of her abdomen. She ate half of her salad this morning and then the other half later in the morning and decided to take a poop in it and run right back to her basking spot lol.

How would I give milk thistle?

The X-ray was 11 days before her surgery, they doubled in size within those 11 days. The pic of her with the dark beard was after she woke up from anesthesia. She was spayed on 1/18/2023.
image_1(1).jpeg
image_0.jpeg
image_0(3).jpeg
image_1(2).jpeg
20230124_070929.jpg
image_1.jpeg

Mizjackson9

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zipp
I give her bugs on Tuesday's and Thursday's. This was Thursdays meal, I did sprinkle more calcium w/D3 after I took the pic, she gets the D3 twice a week, w/o 3 days a week, multivitamin on Saturdays and no supplements on Sundays.

Attachments

• 20240314_114702.jpg
    20240314_114702.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 18

Mizjackson9

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zipp
When I'm home on the weekends and I haven't given her food yet, she'll come and stare at me when I'm in the kitchen. This is the only time that she will come my way, because she wants her food. LOL
20240314_114005.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, that is quite a few follicles! She definitely had a black beard afterwards, but, you can't really
blame her there! She looks great now, her colors are bright.
Reproductive parts usually don't come back but have been known to. Usually only if parts are somehow
missed. It has happened here on the boards though, to a few people.
You can use either a liquid or a powdered milk thistle, whichever would be easier. It is a great supplement
for the liver.
It might be hard to see anything on an x-ray right now. You can give it more time to see how she is doing.
It looks like she is eating well right now! Bless her.

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom