My Beardeddragon is very underweight

ChinookGirl

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gordy
My bearded dragon is about nine years old he’s very underweight And dehydrated probably. poor diet and poor feeding Schedule. is there anyway to get him back to good health agen? He Has a good Feeding schedule now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon is about nine years old he’s very underweight And dehydrated probably. poor diet and poor feeding Schedule. is there anyway to get him back to good health agen? He Has a good Feeding schedule now.
What are you feeding him? this will help as to what we can suggest-- is he eating good for you? Have you weighed him he doesnt look to bad-- he should be over 300 grams- and how are you getting him water?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have pictures of him? Bless him, at 9 years of age, that is terrific. Can he move around
very well right now?
Please review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB lighting, supplementation
& temperatures so we can be sure everything is all correct.

Tracie

ChinookGirl

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gordy
Hello,

Do you have pictures of him? Bless him, at 9 years of age, that is terrific. Can he move around
very well right now?
Please review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB lighting, supplementation
& temperatures so we can be sure everything is all correct.

Tracie
He can move great he has zilla uvb and basking and I put Calcium and multivitam on his saled and I use turup greens and he’s in a I don’t know exactly how big his tank is after all he has been in it almost his Entire life. but I do know that it’s big enough

Attachments

• 82CB8B84-4CC6-4BAC-B3EA-FC1E08658EDB.jpeg
    82CB8B84-4CC6-4BAC-B3EA-FC1E08658EDB.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 8432B4C4-388E-43F6-94CE-42B4EA768CA0.jpeg
    8432B4C4-388E-43F6-94CE-42B4EA768CA0.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 88
  • AE51E7ED-88CD-42F0-B90A-FACB20C3A701.jpeg
    AE51E7ED-88CD-42F0-B90A-FACB20C3A701.jpeg
    256.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Your Zilla does the fixture have a clear plastic cover in it? And is it inside the tank? Please post a better pic of his tail- where the bump is

ChinookGirl

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gordy
Hi! Has something happened to his tail? From the pictures I can see a lump in the mid section? How long has he had it?
The lump on his tail h been there for as long as I can remember and it doesn’t seem to bother him at all

Attachments

• 13421B88-F982-4921-ADF3-2F14705B639B.jpeg
    13421B88-F982-4921-ADF3-2F14705B639B.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 93A7F915-658C-4F62-8BA1-32CF443DA249.jpeg
    93A7F915-658C-4F62-8BA1-32CF443DA249.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 92

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The lump on his tail h been there for as long as I can remember and it doesn’t seem to bother him at all
Is your Zilla in the tank or top of screen? If it's on the screen your dragon is getting little to none- I would swap out the bulb to a reptisun 10.0 T 8 place in the tank w/ no clear plastic cover over the bulb-- the reptisun bulb is a better bulb-- it need to be 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing today?
I agree, the Zilla tube bulbs are not very strong so I would highly recommend either the Reptisun
10 T5 tube or the Arcadia D3 12% T5 tube. They are both very good.
That bump on his tail looks like it's hard, like a cyst or some type of growth. It is a possibility that
it could be affecting his health.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

ChinookGirl

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gordy
Hello,

How is your boy doing today?
I agree, the Zilla tube bulbs are not very strong so I would highly recommend either the Reptisun
10 T5 tube or the Arcadia D3 12% T5 tube. They are both very good.
That bump on his tail looks like it's hard, like a cyst or some type of growth. It is a possibility that
it could be affecting his health.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie
the lump on his tail is just stuck shed and its not affecting him at all and i will try to get him a uvb tube from 🦎vivtech

Last edited:

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom