My Bearded Dragon has 3 eyes!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maytes

Hatchling Member
The third eye on top of head!!! I read where it is used for solar radiation. Biological clock... comments......

missnikki

ya creeped me out too when i seen it but apparently all bearded dragons have it and they sense heat with it. crazy though and kinda weird in another way haha.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
It's good to know about so you don't let them accidentally cover it up. They seem to get confused about their body heat when that happens. Someone posted a pick on here once of a bug that was sitting on top of their beardie's head and he got really dark trying to bask and couldn't feel the heat because of the stupid bug. :shock: poor little guy.

Emeraldcoast

Juvie Member
I had an Iguan who still had her third eye. Some lose them thru evolution. Some don't. Supposedly, she could sense light and dark with it still. I don't know about the third eye when it concerns beardies. I am always interested in learning though! :study: :)

Emerald

Yeah i just figured this out!! I've always wondered what that strange scale was on his head, i guess it wasnt a good idea to poke or run my fingers over it, I feel aweful now ):

punkrockprincess

Hatchling Member
oh my god I thought it was remaing shed I was trying to get it off by soaking and I even picked at it once when I didn't know not to peel shed. Oh poor Dante now I feel awful I hope I didn't mess it up for life.

demonsmomma

Juvie Member
wow i had no idea...its crazy i always thought that was a swollen scale glad to know its not lol,,jeesh the stuff i learn everyday about my max lol no wonder why he is kinda jumpy when you pet his head for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom