Lexia,Kinno,Bobble,Chimaira&Hadyn. Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

This is the story of how we got our two baby dragons. It all started when my daughter brought home a beardie the whole family fell in love with him. You know some teens get when they get moody *dont touch him hes my beardie* gah it hurt because everyone loved him and played with him fed him we all pitched in. She even go so moody one day she moved his viv to her room so no one could see or play with him. (girls and pms :roll: )So i made a thread http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98235 * I want a BD for myself* i guess there was a few people who were in the same boat as me. Being a BD grandma is tuff! (She of course got over it and moved him back down stairs) I wanted to get one who might need a little more care or love thought first thing *rescue* I was checking cragelist daily not one bd post in the weeks i was looking. Then a breeder(DistDrag) posted on the thread letting me know he had 2 babys just hatched out that had small issues, one with a crooked tail and one with a leg that didnt work. They were the cutest things! I still had to get the ok from my hubby once he seen those pics he was hooked!! So he let me take them both! They were still way to young for me to get yet so we were happy to leave them with the breeder(DistDrag)till they were safe to travel. He kept us posted on how they were doing and posted updated pictures. The day came to where they were ready to be sent to us. Oh boy i was so excited i couldnt sleep and kept a eye out the window for them to get here! :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: <-- that was me 10 fold lol I heard the UPS man drive up and i was out the door!
Still in the box!
Babys006.jpg

Comming out of the little box's.
Babys009.jpg

This is the one with the left foot that dosnt work(My hubbys) He/she dosnt have a name yet.
Babys014.jpg

This is the one with the kink in the tail. I call her Roo short for Kangaroo.
Babys018.jpg

Heres a comparison between Chimera and Roo.
Babys019.jpg

They are both from the same clutch they are 1 month 1 week old and 6 1/2 inches long.

We will never let more than 1 of beardies to be out of their viv's at one time. Except for the 2 new babys just for a while so we can sit and watch tv with them to get them used to us. They both have their own vivs. I have to say ty to everyone! I have learned so much since i have joined! I dont think our babys would be as healthy as they are if it wasnt for all of you!

Ill be posting more pictures soon and more tails from their goofy antics lol

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I took some videos of the babys today. Forgive me because i suck at taken them the kids normaly do it. Oh and ignore my babling baby talk to the babys lol I know I sound like a crazy woman :oops: :shock:

This is Roo eating her crickets.

This is Lexia shes full of crickets just wanted to try again before i put them away. I'll have to try and get one of Lexia eating she goes wild its hard to use one hand with her i have to kind of hold the dish with one and try and keep the crickets off her when shes eating or 1/2 excape :lol:

Lexia was doing laps around her viv i tried to get a good vid of it but the kids were running around behind me and the babys havnt got used to it yet. She sees movement and stops. She was doing laps around her little jungle gym it was so funny with her not being able to use the one front leg she reminded me of the movie Tokyo Drift.

This is Kinno. His pictures just don't show his true colors hes so bright.

I'm so happy they love their new homes its been a pain getting their temps right since the weather keeps going warm to cold to warm to cold again. We are going to build them all basking platforms so it will be easier to keep it perfect. We went out and bought 3 diffrent bulbs at the store testing them gah that was fun :banghead: But hey they are sooo worth it :D

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Good lord Roo is a machine!
Oh I do wish Miso would chow down like that. She's going through an akward phase of only eating her salad when its under her basking bulb, but refusing it in a bowl on the cool side. Im trying to break the habit by not giving in to her but I feel like a cruel mommy!

Its great to finally see how Lexia gets around. She really does scamper.
+ Kinno looks so docile and relaxed.

What lovely videos thank you!
Holly

bdgal

Hatchling Member
How do you make it so that the crix don't jump out of the container? That seems like such a better method than just throwing crix in the tank as last night I pulled out 6 of the 10 that I thought my baby ate (but they must have been hiding).

That way I can ensure that he is getting enough food to eat!!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I add the calcium or vits depending on what day it is and i shake the crap outta them so they get dazed a bit. They are small crickets and if i hold it with one hand i can usually grab any strays that get out. But they hunt them down and eat them up when they see them. Lexia's viv always has strays because she jumps inside it when eating they crawl out on her legs. She eats just like Roo does like a wild beardie. It takes them awhile to learn how to eat from it. But boy is it worth it no more cricket removal except at night i do check the viv over to make sure they have all been ate.

They are having a hard time with everyone running past their viv. In the comp room no one got near them except me and my hubby because they were out of the way of normal trafic. I'm sure they will get used to it soon. As I type this Roo is now tree hugging because the backdoor curtian is open this is her look atm :shock: Oh noes the big bad backdoor is gonna get me :roll: goofy beardies i sweat they crack me up!

My hubby was taking lexia out to pet her and he says honey shes puffing up at me . I grab the camera and i see what shes puffing up at she could see Kinno and was letting him know whos boss.

bdgal

Hatchling Member
I tried to do your method with the crix and he just stood there like "and what the heck would you like me to do with those?" Then he turned away. So I tried to put his face closer to it and he spooked and jumped into the tupperware and then out of it very fast!! I didn't mean to scare him!! One even jumped right on his nose and he just sat there. He didn't try to flick it off or anything! So I did!

So, I took about 10 of them and took their back legs off again and put them into a dish. An hour later when I returned they were eating (two were still left but they were flat on their backs). I cannot keep doing this!! But at night when I think he has eaten them all...I find them!

I don't want my baby to starve!! What should I do? Just leave them in there and hope he eats them? Then remove the left overs I can find at night?

Thanks!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
It took me a few weeks to get them to eat out of the container. I would use the same one to dump crickets into their viv and one day while i was doing so Roo just jumped inside and started munching so i tried it with lexia and she did the same thing. They knew thats where the food comes from and i want some. I had to hand feed lexia she had a hard start. But shes 100% healthy now and zooming. If they get stressed they dont eat. You have to remove them before bed time because they can bite and leave sores on them. Id remove everything out of the viv except what they use to bask on. Put some crickets in and leave them alone you might have to put papertowl around the outside of the viv so hes not bothered by anything. Come back in a while and peek in and see if the crickets are still there. Don't pour in 10 to 20 some beardies get confused when they see to many and they dont know which one to go for first. if they are gone add a few more. Little ones are alot of work. Lexia worried me to death for quite a while. So I understand your frustration :D

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
bdgal":fdc9e said:
I tried to do your method with the crix and he just stood there like "and what the heck would you like me to do with those?" Then he turned away. So I tried to put his face closer to it and he spooked and jumped into the tupperware and then out of it very fast!! I didn't mean to scare him!! One even jumped right on his nose and he just sat there. He didn't try to flick it off or anything! So I did!

So, I took about 10 of them and took their back legs off again and put them into a dish. An hour later when I returned they were eating (two were still left but they were flat on their backs). I cannot keep doing this!! But at night when I think he has eaten them all...I find them!

I don't want my baby to starve!! What should I do? Just leave them in there and hope he eats them? Then remove the left overs I can find at night?

Thanks!

I always fed the crickets in another small tank, I'd take out each beardie, put in some crickets and let them hunt, adding more when needed, when they were done, I'd remove the beardie and put them back into their own viv. Worked really well, never had to worry about cricks hiding in the viv for late night attacks.

CHRISTY, I havn't been on line for a while, so congrats on your new baby, he is handsome as ever, loved all the video's, it's really nice to see the whole family in motion, makes it very real and personal.
Bugs and hugs to all,
Christine <><

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Christine I wish I could feed them in the small tank they just look at me and refuse to eat :( it would also help with the cricket escapees.

Here Lexia and her new rocksock. Its her new basking buddie.
Newpics020.jpg

Newpics017.jpg

Queen Roo. This is the way I find her at least 1/2 the day.
Newpics015.jpg

Shes plotting her escape.
Newpics013.jpg

Kinno and his buddie hes a bit big for his but couldn't leave him out.
Newpics012.jpg

Kinnos reaction to Chimaira running outside his viv.
Newpics045.jpg

Chimaira came up for a look see.
Newpics047.jpg

Kinno is a sweetheart. Boy can he run! zoommmmm! I've been letting him roam a little but i have to remember hes a baby still even tho his size will fool yah :shock: I've finally got all their basking areas at 108f due to the warmer weather the other bulb i was using raised it to 113f and they would move away from their UVB to get out of the heat. Lexia just finished sheading a week ago and it looks like she may start again. Roo hit 11" and Lexia is at 10" just a smidge away from 11" herself. Its so nice to see her catching up to Roo.

I hope everyone is well and the beardies are being good!

bdgal

Hatchling Member
OMG! I love the beardie socks!! Are they just filled with plain white rice or something? Please tell!!! I would love to make one for Sherman!!!

BTW the pics are AMAZING!!! I just love how your babies all love their sock friends. Too cute!! Keep posting pics!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
They all seem to be thriving in their new condos.
Has Roo finally stopped sulking now?

They all look priceless on their ricerocks. Especially Ms Roo.

I still refuse to believe Kinno's age. Lies I tell you! hehe.
He is a hansome little devil.
I'll tell Rube he better watch out!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Yep they are filled with rice. We used the girls socks that they couldnt use anymore they are those slick kind and we had one of our daughters slip down our stairs when she was wearing them so they went in the beardie bin and i made all of them rocksocks out of em. They are really nice for when we travel to my parents house we just toss them in the microwave for about 30 secs and they come out nice n toasty we put their blankie over it and it keeps them warm for the trip.

Roo is settling down now I catch her stairing out the backdoor here and there shes not to bad. I was surprized when company came over for easter she didnt like all the extra people walking around and hid 1/2 the time and Lexia just ignored them. Roo's becomming a mommas girl. My hubby is thinking of making a curtian to put over the front of the viv so if they get scared by company we can close it when they are here, we don't want them stressed.

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
:D We loved this whole thread! You are great beardie parents! Love the pics and videos. We are still so new, it's been great fun to learn about different beardie characteristics, personalities, actions. :study:

pego

My little man Omar has the exact same dinosaur background that you have, he is forever jumping at it convinced that he is going to go for a walk in the forest, does any of your two do the same?

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Yes they did :( they thought they could run out into the grass and climb up the tree on it lol

BrittanyS

Hatchling Member
Hi christy,
I'm trying to make a viv like yours but with only 2 sections. I'm not going to put ventilation inbetween them, just extras on the sides and backs. I was told that this will make the top viv much hotter. How is your top viv doing with heat? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaineyPoo
Top Bottom