Lexia,Kinno,Bobble,Chimaira&Hadyn. Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

This is the story of how we got our two baby dragons. It all started when my daughter brought home a beardie the whole family fell in love with him. You know some teens get when they get moody *dont touch him hes my beardie* gah it hurt because everyone loved him and played with him fed him we all pitched in. She even go so moody one day she moved his viv to her room so no one could see or play with him. (girls and pms :roll: )So i made a thread http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98235 * I want a BD for myself* i guess there was a few people who were in the same boat as me. Being a BD grandma is tuff! (She of course got over it and moved him back down stairs) I wanted to get one who might need a little more care or love thought first thing *rescue* I was checking cragelist daily not one bd post in the weeks i was looking. Then a breeder(DistDrag) posted on the thread letting me know he had 2 babys just hatched out that had small issues, one with a crooked tail and one with a leg that didnt work. They were the cutest things! I still had to get the ok from my hubby once he seen those pics he was hooked!! So he let me take them both! They were still way to young for me to get yet so we were happy to leave them with the breeder(DistDrag)till they were safe to travel. He kept us posted on how they were doing and posted updated pictures. The day came to where they were ready to be sent to us. Oh boy i was so excited i couldnt sleep and kept a eye out the window for them to get here! :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: <-- that was me 10 fold lol I heard the UPS man drive up and i was out the door!
Still in the box!
Babys006.jpg

Comming out of the little box's.
Babys009.jpg

This is the one with the left foot that dosnt work(My hubbys) He/she dosnt have a name yet.
Babys014.jpg

This is the one with the kink in the tail. I call her Roo short for Kangaroo.
Babys018.jpg

Heres a comparison between Chimera and Roo.
Babys019.jpg

They are both from the same clutch they are 1 month 1 week old and 6 1/2 inches long.

We will never let more than 1 of beardies to be out of their viv's at one time. Except for the 2 new babys just for a while so we can sit and watch tv with them to get them used to us. They both have their own vivs. I have to say ty to everyone! I have learned so much since i have joined! I dont think our babys would be as healthy as they are if it wasnt for all of you!

Ill be posting more pictures soon and more tails from their goofy antics lol

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hadyn finished sheading woot! He kind of exploded then rubbed it all off in 1 day. I wish the adults would do that lol Ive tried not giving him his veggies first and giving him his bugs he just looks at me like what this and why are they in my face kind of thing. He didnt like crickets wouldnt even chase them down. He also hates being in a feeder bin. He freaks out and it takes me a while to get him calm again so im using a small glass dish for now. The roaches cant excape that. I'll put 20 in there and check on him here and there. When i see they are gone i add another 20. Hes eating a good cup of veggies a day. I think hes not settled in enough to maybe eat the bugs comfortably. If i try hand feeding him he will eat the crickets out of my hand but if anyone moves in the house hes like a deer in the headlights and he stops eating. But not his veggies if he sees those he dosnt care whos around...I think hes doing it to test me lol I cant have all 5 be easy now can i? Gotta have one problem child LOL

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Oh my, finally caught up with you, you've been busy!!! Another summer passed, and we didn't get together. oh wait did we have a summer?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww! Christy, don't worry too much about Hadyn not wanting to eat his bugs. He'll come around once he feels more at home and stops worrying about whether everyone's out to harm him.

Big hugs to Darien for feeding himself and gaining weight. He'll be on the "normal" (whatever that may be nowadays) scale in no time.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
dna14":1e5c7ai7 said:
oh wait did we have a summer?

Yes, it was about 5 days long, at least mine seemed to be that short. It started in the later part of May and this next week is the first week of rush at our college, already.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
It sure didnt seem like a summer to me. Cheri went back to school last wed and amber goes this week... GAH where did the time fly!

Im making plans to go to the reptile show in Sac in September the girls want to take Kinno and Bobble. We have 1 rolling pet carrier and one bag carrier for them plus the leashes. I'm not sure tho. Bobble is a scardie beardie. I think id rather take Lexia shes small and calm lol Chimaira would make a good choice too shes a social beardie. But shes been a bit off lately with the sheading. Hadyn is a no.

Speaking of Hadyn. Darien came today to spend the night with me and i took Hadyn out to show him to Darien and wow Hadyn opened his mouth and puffed up. He didnt like Darien. I guess he thought Darien was gonna eat him lol There was no calming Hadyn down from that so i put him back in his viv and waited a few mins fed him a few bugs he was back to his normal self. Others can now pet him with out getting a reaction. I'm so happy hes taming nicely. Maybe in a few months him and Darien can be friends because Darien sure loved him.

Darien spent 10 mins talking to Kinno so i opened up his viv and let Darien pet him for a bit. Kinno gave him the "wheres my worms look" Bobble hid like normal, Lexia gave him the go away headbob and Chimaira didnt pay him any mind.

I sure hope everyone had a good weekend.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hope Darien didn't take offense to Hadyn puffing/huffing at him :(
Awww, how cute that Darien talked to Kinno for 10 minutes. Wonder what they were chatting about :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Christy,

Hadyn will come around. Hope Darien didn't take it personally. At least Kinno likes Darien and chatted with him. Sounds like they have a tight bond going on. I still can't get over than Hadyn eats so many salads. Wow, wish mine were like that. Hand feeding only at our place. Luckily Roger's home, so hand feeding isn't so bad. It's so hot here, we've had to shut off all the power suns and it's still 93F in our living room. Needless to say our fans are working overtime, we've shut all the curtains and shades and hoping that helps. I know for some 93F isn't very hot. But I checked the temps under the power suns, they ranged from 112F-116F so all got shut off. They all got cooler baths this morning and I'll be giving them all another cool bath this aft.

So big hugs to you all,
Deb

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Boy Hadyns been a buggar since he seen Darien its like im having to start all over again with him. So i now know he dosnt handle any kind of changes well. Hes eating tons of food a bit more bugs than he was. He still loves his salads more i hope he stays that way when he hits adulthood.

Chimaira gave us a scare yesterday. We heard one of them going nuts so we went to see what was up. I guess he reptisun and fixture fell and it must of hit her left side because she loves to bask right below the uvb. She was trying to get out she had the blackest beard id ever seen she could of passed for bobble. I tried to reach in to get her out and check her and i got a full on open mouth. I can tell you this you dont want her to bite you she has a huge mouth and great teeth and is very strong. So i went and tried to scoop her up from the back. Even when i had her out she was still very very upset her beard was fully extended and jet black and opened mouthed. So to calm her down so i could check her out i went and got some superworms her fav. I sat her on the floor and tossed one she went and snatched it up so i wanted to make sure she didnt hurt her leg and tossed 5 or 6 more made her go after them i didnt see any limping or anything. Her blackbeard went away in about 5 mins.I think it just scared the crud out of her and she didnt know what to do. She seems 100% ok this am. But my heart dropped when i seen her with that blackbeard i just knew she was hurt. Thank goodness shes fine.

I hope everyones doing well im still trying to figure out where the camera cord went too it just vanished... lol

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Poor Hadyn. Can't believe he's still reacting to meeting Darien :(. Wonder how he'll do when Darien comes back.

Wow, what a terrifying scare for both you and Chimaira, but thank goodness she was just scared to death but not injured.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Christy,

I hope Haydn settles down quickly for you, and it sound like Chimaira was more frightened than hurt. She's so calm, normally, she shouldn't have any more reaction now. I know you can probably buy a replacement cord, but check on Freecycle. When people have something they don't need anymore, they post it so someone else can use it. You can post Wanted for specific items too. You may be able to find a cord there. Here is a link to their site, http://www.freecycle.org/ and they should have something in your area. (((Hugs))) and :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: from all of us to all of you!

MaryAnn

(the battery was completely drained :roll: but it's recharging now :wink: )

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Christy,

I'm sorry Hadyn is acting up because of Darien, he's just going to have to get used to him again.

I'm so glad chimaira is ok, what a huge scare, no wonder the poor girl had a full-on black beard. I'm so glad she's ok. Hopefully you can get another tube & fix it up for her again. Good thing you were there to get her out or she'd have been even more scared. Give her a hug for me.

Hugs all around!
Deb

fez09

Extreme Poster
Hi Christy, Poor Chimaira!! She must've been super scared!!!! I'm glad that she calmed down for you! Hadyn will settle down too, with time and consistency. Slow and steady wins the race! How is Darien doing? Is he still gaining weight??

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Good morning everyone!

My little man is now 118grams and 14 inches long hes got quite the belly going on. It wasn't easy measuring him i had to use food to get him close to the tape. I need to do a measure and a weight check on the rest of my clan see how they are all doing. Im trying to put a little more weight back on Chimaira. Getting them all ready for brumation this yr.

Off to go clean out vivs this morning BLEAH! lol

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Good morning Christy!

it's good to see Haydn is growing well! i hope he is calmer, too, as he settles in. I've got some viv detail myself :roll: :lol: so I will see you here later! :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: and ((((Hugs)))) from all of us for you and all of your crew!

Gotta get my coffee, too! :roll:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I was just going over birthdays of my clan to update with and i forgot that today was Chimairas 2nd birthday!!! Happy Birthday Chimaira! Gosh i better go give her extra supers and some canalope with 2 flowers on top. Boy does time fly!

First day comming home with us her first picture at 2 months old.
beardie015.jpg

First trip outside.
IMGP0032.jpg

I still cant believe she was smaller than our phone :O
beardie105.jpg

Chimaira at 1 yrs old. She was huge! 800 plus grams i believe.(before her diet and exersize program)
PA080058.jpg

PC110078.jpg

Chimaira (last picture we have of her dang missing cord!)She was in shead. 680grams to me she looks skinny in the face.
P7280417.jpg

P7280415.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom