Lexia,Kinno,Bobble,Chimaira&Hadyn. Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

This is the story of how we got our two baby dragons. It all started when my daughter brought home a beardie the whole family fell in love with him. You know some teens get when they get moody *dont touch him hes my beardie* gah it hurt because everyone loved him and played with him fed him we all pitched in. She even go so moody one day she moved his viv to her room so no one could see or play with him. (girls and pms :roll: )So i made a thread http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98235 * I want a BD for myself* i guess there was a few people who were in the same boat as me. Being a BD grandma is tuff! (She of course got over it and moved him back down stairs) I wanted to get one who might need a little more care or love thought first thing *rescue* I was checking cragelist daily not one bd post in the weeks i was looking. Then a breeder(DistDrag) posted on the thread letting me know he had 2 babys just hatched out that had small issues, one with a crooked tail and one with a leg that didnt work. They were the cutest things! I still had to get the ok from my hubby once he seen those pics he was hooked!! So he let me take them both! They were still way to young for me to get yet so we were happy to leave them with the breeder(DistDrag)till they were safe to travel. He kept us posted on how they were doing and posted updated pictures. The day came to where they were ready to be sent to us. Oh boy i was so excited i couldnt sleep and kept a eye out the window for them to get here! :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: <-- that was me 10 fold lol I heard the UPS man drive up and i was out the door!
Still in the box!
Babys006.jpg

Comming out of the little box's.
Babys009.jpg

This is the one with the left foot that dosnt work(My hubbys) He/she dosnt have a name yet.
Babys014.jpg

This is the one with the kink in the tail. I call her Roo short for Kangaroo.
Babys018.jpg

Heres a comparison between Chimera and Roo.
Babys019.jpg

They are both from the same clutch they are 1 month 1 week old and 6 1/2 inches long.

We will never let more than 1 of beardies to be out of their viv's at one time. Except for the 2 new babys just for a while so we can sit and watch tv with them to get them used to us. They both have their own vivs. I have to say ty to everyone! I have learned so much since i have joined! I dont think our babys would be as healthy as they are if it wasnt for all of you!

Ill be posting more pictures soon and more tails from their goofy antics lol

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Christy, I like the name Hadyn, too. I'm glad his little foot is healing nicely. The Betadyn works wonders, as it disinfects, too. I'll be waiting for photos. He's such a cutie, glad you have a beautiful baby!

Deb

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I decided to name him Hadyn. I went to 2 petstores today looking for crickets all they have is the little ittybitty ones this guy is big enough to eat $20 in 1 sitting x that by 2 to 3 times a day. I figured his roach shipment would be here i ordered them on the 26th :? But nope they havnt made it :banghead: Sooo i had to go get chicken babyfood and mix squash in it and feed him that. Intill i can order from someplace else. I'll at least have him a good staple bug by wed. Pet store tried to get me to feed him mealworms :angry5: Hes eatting his veggies like hes starving to death. Poor little guy! All the others are in hiding because the grandbrat is here lol Hes loves them to death. Hadyn dosnt like him he tries to bite his little fingers. Darien has 10 he can make it through life with only 9 right??? haha

fez09

Extreme Poster
Hi Christy! It sounds like you're having the same issue with little bugs for your baby too! I need to order either some small dubia or crickets...I like the name Hadyn for your little guy, he is almost the size of Chencho! I'm really glad to hear that Darien has a place to call home now!!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Christy, at least when the roaches come in there'll be protein for him. Sounds like he'll eat you out of house and home before long in the veggie department. Hope the roaches are in soon!

I'm glad you're watching your grandson again, even if you have to hide stuff & move stuff higher so he can't get into anything!

HUGS
Deb

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hadyn is one wild beardie baby. Ive tried all the tricks we even moved him to the upper viv in the tripple so we are at his lvl. I take him out when hes sleepy. I havnt been bit yet but i get a full on open mouth ive been tail swatted. He even will circle your hand if you get near... It makes me laugh because hes a dinky little thing. I have forbidden anyone else from helping me with him he is 100% off limits to the girls. Ambers having a very hard time with that. I think maybe if i try taming him alone at first then later the others can help with him. Our Bobble took a few weeks to tame but he wasnt no where near this scared/agressive. I take veggies with me every time i go to his viv if i get a open mouth ive been tossing them in and after a while when he calms down ill pet him he eases up a bit but is still on full alert. Cheri wants to call him Satan. Im sure its not helping that hes in full on shead either. I so wish i could post pictures or videos. We cant find the camera cord at all we think my oldest took it with her on accident and she says she cant find it at her new place. So i may have to go buy a replacement.

I hope everyones doing well.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Glad to hear that Haydn is doing well. :D
Aren't they funny when they act like they are big and bad when they are so small. :lol:
I have one little baby that bites me or tries everytime I go to pick it up...it's cute and funny but it kind of hurts my feelings. :( :lol:

You're not alone with the crickets.... :banghead:
I only feed them to Flame, Roux, and the babies but I can't even find large for Flame and Roux and I'm buying the large size which is really no where near large(as you know) because most of them I'm able to feed to the babies. ARG!!! Plus it seems that 1K isn't really 1K anymore. :roll: Not only are they small but short...I really don't wanna breed crickets again they are such a pain, but I might have to. :(

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Im going to have to buy large and small supers something for food for these guys besides the roaches intill i can get them build back up all my females (28) are poping them out the last few days but they are to small for even hadyn to eat. Ive called all the petstores they just dont have any crickets worth buying. Summertime dosnt help either lol

So you have a little meanie too huh? I only bug him to bath, feed him and clean up his poop. Amber will be gone a few days so he will get a break from her beedy eyes..... He really hates her for some reason.

Darien is 18 lbs now woot! So hes gained a whole 2 full pounds in about 6 months. They say he should be about 26 to 28 lbs at his age/size. No fat on him at all he looks like a little body builder. Im happy they seem to have him all figured out. He must eat at least 6 to 10 meals a day. Since he only eats a few bites at a time. He also must feed himself he eats more that way. So they have to give him finger type foods. I handed him a pudding cup and gave him a spoon and sat back and watched. He did quite well. His face was covered in it but he got over 1/2 in him lol I miss mine being babys.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad you're seeing your cutie grandson, I know he's a great help with the beardies.

I think it's a good idea that you're the only handling growly Hayden, it is cute when they're small, but it can still hurt if they connect with skin. OUCH. He'll get the hint that your hand isn't going to hit him or cause him any type of pain. Having veggies handy to put into his mouth sure is a good way to show him if his mouth is open, then it's veggie time. Well done. You'll have him licking out of your palm in no time at all.

Keep us all posted. Tell Amber he'll grow fast and before she knows it, she'll be able to handle him, too.

It's so funny that Barb has a biter! Glad you know which one it is Barb.

Hugs
Deb

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Christy!

I am glad to see that Haydn is eating well, even if he is a little touchy. :twisted: You'll find the right way to get through to him, as your patient kindness will win him over. :love5: It may take a while, but I know you. :notworthy: I have had three stinkers along the way, Diver, Mercury and Thoth, and you know Thoth very well! :laughing6: Diver came to me at seven months old and full of testosterone, showing everyone how tough he was. I was at least the fourth home in five months, and he had lost several inches off his tail in some kind of "accident." It took a while, but once he started cuddling, he loved it, then would act like he wanted to be sure no one had seen him in a "moment of weakness," blackbearding and bobbing everyone and anything when he'd get back into his tank. :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: He settled down completely at about one year old, and went to a sixth grade class when he was almost two. :love5: Mercury was the littlest of the babies, and determined to show everyone how big and fierce he truly was. :twisted: He would jump at my hand, mouth wide open and little tiny beard puffing, when I entered his tank. :laughhard: I know I was bitten at least once, :roll: but i got pretty good at getting around him, and stuffing that open mouth with food. :wink: He was one of the four who went to TazzysMamma, and I haven't heard anymore on him, except that she still has him. :(

I really like the name, Hadyn. Is it for the composer? It is certainly unique, as I don't think I've heard it used except in referring to "Papa" Hadyn. He is a beautiful boy, and it will be fun watching him grow up.

:love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: and hugs from all of us to you and your crew!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Good thing so far that baby only bites me...not agressive at all with it's cribmates.
Believe me I got my eye on that one an I'm determined to calm this little one down. If I can! :lol:

NO CAMERA CORD? OH NO!

PuffyLuv123

Hatchling Member
Naww! got my lil' Puffy boy (i think boy) on saturday (Aug. 7). He was one of five beardies with missing limbs; he's missing his back right foot, four toes on his back left foot, and a segment of his tail. Love you buddy!

Yay handi-capped beardies!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Oh i love the special ones thats for sure. Boy hes full of fire today lol Hes getting used to his viv hes in the 4x2x2. Hes now running around checking things out. He comes up to the front and puts his face to the glass and peeks out. If you walk by he ducks down. Hes started sheading off his face, tail and legs. We have tore this house apart looking for that camera cord gah still cant find it. :banghead: I think im going to ask my hubby to see about a replacement tonight. Everyone else here is doing well. Eatting, pooping and being lazy lol

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Well as times going by Hadyn is getting used to me. I can stick my hand in his viv without getting a open mouth. He hates his tail being touched or anything getting near his hind end. He circles your hand if you try that. Only real issue im having with him is hes eating 80% veggies and 20% bugs on his own ......I know thats crazy at his age but he will go munch his veggies down and ignore his bugs most of the time. I'm giving him different bugs roaches small small supers since all other worms were sold out small. Never had a baby want veggies more than bugs. He still has a nice creamy white belly. Been giving him 2 baths a day hes pooping 3 times a day so hes eating like a pig just not what i want lol

Everyone else is doing the same ole same ole they are happy they got superworms this week. I cant believe how much stuff has went up and in short supply since the cricket problems.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Christy,

I'm glad to see Haydn is starting to settle down for you. Hopefully, he will keep getting calmer as he gets used to you. That's funny that he likes his veggies better than his bugs. I think the main problem would be ensuring that he gets enough protein from what ever else he eats. I will try to pull things together so I can head out your way and meet this little character soon, and maybe I'll bring one of the boys for a quick visit. :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: and hugs from all of us to you and your whole crew!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Christy,

I'm amazed that Hadyn likes veggies more than bugs, I wish it were the same here. We have 6 adult beardies and they'll eat veggies relucantly and by hand, but supers are what they want every day. He'll come around, maybe feeding him bugs 1st thing in the morning would help, before he gets his salad. We do the opposite here, in hopes that they'll all eat their salads...keep trying.

Hugs to everyone,
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom