Just an update about Nolvasan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8s

What ratio water to ammonia?

Windex is water and ammonia for the most part. Would that be sufficient?

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
No, windex is not strong enough and has other chemicals. You want the mix to be about 10% amonia (1 part amonia to 9 parts water). Be sure to rinse THOROUGHLY and air dry, making sure all fumes are gone before putting your dragon back in the viv. And make sure you have the windows open and a fan running, good ventilation, as amonia is really hard on the lungs.

shadi11

BD.org Addict
I just wanted to say. Although I know Nolvasan doesnt kill coccidia. Steam is very effective.
I wouldnt recommend ammonia personally as a mix as it can be harsh on their respritory systems. I use a cleaner commonly used in vet offices. which is 3m Neutral Quat disinfectant cleanser Concentrate 23.
Although it doesnt mention coccidia as something it kills. it has a list of other things that are of more concern to me.
From what I know from the past the best things for oocysts are Steam and soapy water. soap doesnt kill but it rinses away. But from
I steam once a month in between my normal cleanings with the quat disinfectant. From what I remember Nothing is truly known for chemicals, to kill coccidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeenaD11
Top Bottom