Pacing back and forth and scratching

slimeymations

Beardie name(s)
Pringle
Hi, my Pringle has been continuously pacing back and forth at the front of her terrarium now, started a few weeks ago after waking up from her hibernation period thingy. She didn't do this before that, not as much at least. I've tried picking her up and letting her out/giving her attention but she either doesn't want to be picked up or just starts again when she's back in. I did order a new UVB lamp as the one I have is a little over a year, so it might be that. If it is I'll update when the lamp is installed.
Besides that please tell me if I've done something wrong and should change something!
Thank you:)

Attachments

• 20240403_180109.jpg
    20240403_180109.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 31

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi, my Pringle has been continuously pacing back and forth at the front of her terrarium now, started a few weeks ago after waking up from her hibernation period thingy. She didn't do this before that, not as much at least. I've tried picking her up and letting her out/giving her attention but she either doesn't want to be picked up or just starts again when she's back in. I did order a new UVB lamp as the one I have is a little over a year, so it might be that. If it is I'll update when the lamp is installed.
Besides that please tell me if I've done something wrong and should change something!
Thank you:)
Sounds like shes got the spring zoomies --- how long are you getting her out of the tank for? I recommend 2 hours --- your UVB expired at 10 -11 months ago - unless you have a solar meter that your getting good readings I would start replacing that bulb at 10- 11 months -and it looks to be sitting on the screen ? If so is the screen a wide hole type? is she just glass surfing or digging as well - has she ever laid eggs before - its possible she could be gravid --

slimeymations

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pringle
Sounds like shes got the spring zoomies --- how long are you getting her out of the tank for? I recommend 2 hours --- your UVB expired at 10 -11 months ago - unless you have a solar meter that your getting good readings I would start replacing that bulb at 10- 11 months -and it looks to be sitting on the screen ? If so is the screen a wide hole type? is she just glass surfing or digging as well - has she ever laid eggs before - its possible she could be gravid --
I'll try letting her out for a little longer in that case, see how she reacts to that. I bought the tank on Facebook marketplace and the way the top is makes it annoying to work with. I took a picture of the screen but I don't think I can put any lights outside, I am however looking at buying a new tank very soon. I've not noticed her digging or found any eggs, so I don't think she's gravid. I'll let you know how more free time goes for her.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I'll try letting her out for a little longer in that case, see how she reacts to that. I bought the tank on Facebook marketplace and the way the top is makes it annoying to work with. I took a picture of the screen but I don't think I can put any lights outside, I am however looking at buying a new tank very soon. I've not noticed her digging or found any eggs, so I don't think she's gravid. I'll let you know how more free time goes for her.
Your screen on the tank will determine the placement and distance of the uvb- we can post links for tanks if you want them

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
My girls never started digging until 1 to 3 days before they laid. Ruby has clutched within a few weeks of coming out of brumation twice now. I would offer her a dig box just in case.

slimeymations

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pringle
Your screen on the tank will determine the placement and distance of the uvb- we can post links for tanks if you want them
Completely forgot to actually attach the picture, but some links would be great thank you!

Attachments

• 20240403_223306.jpg
    20240403_223306.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 24

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Completely forgot to actually attach the picture, but some links would be great thank you!
Thats a wide hole but it looks thick - how far is the distance under the UVB to basking decor? It needs to be 8-10 inches -- I would get it at 8--- here are some links for tanks
www.zenhabitats.com - I have 2 of the original tanks and I am happy w/ them
www.dubiaroaches.com people on this board have gotten this tank
www.symtonbsf.com
Animal Plastics Cages and Racks
(no title)
Main - Carolina Designer Dragons this is all glass very heavy and I dont like where they have the basking light attached so you cant move it - people on here have had issues w/ that
CRITTER CONDO - 48"X24"X24" with T5HO LIGHTING AND HEAT FIXTURE INCLUDED! TWO COLORS AVAILABLE. IN STOCK!
I would look at all of them and compare to what your needs are :)

slimeymations

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pringle
My UVB is about 10 inches away right now.
I'm in Europe so I don't think I'll be able to get any of those, but I did find this tank online.
It's 47 x 20 x 20.
Thank you :)

Attachments

• image_1_170884.jpg
    image_1_170884.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 17

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom