Constant orange urate. Not white once.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are exactly right, you can overhydrate them by adding too much water to their greens, veggies,
etc & their urates will be more runny.
They are all different but the main portion of his urates are white with some orangish to them. It could
just be the insects, or just how his body processes calcium or other vitamins.
Ok, not problem, a lot of them do like the mealies so you can continue to give those. Does he like the
black soldier fly larvae?

Tracie

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello,

You are exactly right, you can overhydrate them by adding too much water to their greens, veggies,
etc & their urates will be more runny.
They are all different but the main portion of his urates are white with some orangish to them. It could
just be the insects, or just how his body processes calcium or other vitamins.
Ok, not problem, a lot of them do like the mealies so you can continue to give those. Does he like the
black soldier fly larvae?

Tracie
Ok good to hear. I'm thinking you are right and it is just the way his body processes food because he had the orange urate when we received him even.
He does like the soldier fly larva if there are no dubias in front of him. I've come to this routine and it seems to work. In the morning he gets his salad. He doesn't get any larva until he eats some of that. Then after that he doesn't get any dubias until he eats some larvae. I work 3rd shift so I check on him a few times a day to feed him. It seems to be working well and he is gaining aprox 5g a day though I don't know how lol. He's growing so quickly!
20230828_170544.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, he sure is shedding, I'm sure he is miserable! It looks like he has a sweater on.
I think he will be just fine! Is he eating much right now, with his shedding going on?
That's great he is eating his greens, it's hard to get them in a habit of eating them on a
regular basis!
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello,

Wow, he sure is shedding, I'm sure he is miserable! It looks like he has a sweater on.
I think he will be just fine! Is he eating much right now, with his shedding going on?
That's great he is eating his greens, it's hard to get them in a habit of eating them on a
regular basis!
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie
Yea it does lol! Yea nothing has ever effected his appetite luckily. Yea he loves his greens but he will try to hold out for bugs lol. Thanks! Yesterday he had a completely white urate but it was orange again today.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They just like to cause trouble, always keeping us on our toes worrying over them.
I think it is just his system, so just do your best, keep him hydrated to flush his system out
often & he should be fine.
They love their insects, absolutely. Hopefully he will eat more greens as he gets older.

Tracie

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello,

They just like to cause trouble, always keeping us on our toes worrying over them.
I think it is just his system, so just do your best, keep him hydrated to flush his system out
often & he should be fine.
They love their insects, absolutely. Hopefully he will eat more greens as he gets older.

Tracie
Yep sounds about right lol. Thanks

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello,

Definitely let us know how things are going!

Tracie
Will do. Thanks! I actually do have 1 more concern and it's probably nothing but he has 1 spike that is out of place and not symmetrical to the other side of his face. Please let me know if this is abnormal.
20230904_090612.jpg
20230904_090528.jpg
20230904_090610.jpg
20230904_090539.jpg
20230904_082303.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom