Constant orange urate. Not white once.

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
I'm concerned about my bearded dragon. He had 4+ Coccidia when we got him. We treated it and it went away first try. Somewhere along the line he got pinworms which we are treating now. My concern is that his urates have been orange since we got him they have not once been white. They seem darker when he occasionally eats mealworms but we only give thise when waiting for his soldier fly larva or dubias. He seems healthy and is growing rapidly but the orange urate is a constant. He is on his second round of Pancour for the pinworms and I know they can cause this but it hasn't let up at all even when the Coccidia was gone. Should I just wait until his 3rd round of Pancour is done or is this urgent? We lost our last beardie to juvenile gout and I'm afraid of something happening to him too. Hes 5 months old and 199g I will include some pictures of him here and his bm from today. Thank you. Temps and husbandry are on point but I'm willing to answer any questions. I've touched on this with Tracie as well and she says it seems odd.

Attachments

• 20230816_101019.jpg
    20230816_101019.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 324
  • 20230816_101013.jpg
    20230816_101013.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230811_170828.jpg
    20230811_170828.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 20230811_170825.jpg
    20230811_170825.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 20230811_170821.jpg
    20230811_170821.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 20230811_170816.jpg
    20230811_170816.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 57

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I'm concerned about my bearded dragon. He had 4+ Coccidia when we got him. We treated it and it went away first try. Somewhere along the line he got pinworms which we are treating now. My concern is that his urates have been orange since we got him they have not once been white. They seem darker when he occasionally eats mealworms but we only give thise when waiting for his soldier fly larva or dubias. He seems healthy and is growing rapidly but the orange urate is a constant. He is on his second round of Pancour for the pinworms and I know they can cause this but it hasn't let up at all even when the Coccidia was gone. Should I just wait until his 3rd round of Pancour is done or is this urgent? We lost our last beardie to juvenile gout and I'm afraid of something happening to him too. Hes 5 months old and 199g I will include some pictures of him here and his bm from today. Thank you. Temps and husbandry are on point but I'm willing to answer any questions. I've touched on this with Tracie as well and she says it seems odd.
What are you feeding for supplements and how often?

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
What are you feeding for supplements and how often?
I haven't given any supplements besides Calcium without D3. I was 5 days a week but I cut back because he's been eating a lot of bsfl. He gets 2 or 3 types of greens, bsfl and dubia for his staples.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I haven't given any supplements besides Calcium without D3. I was 5 days a week but I cut back because he's been eating a lot of bsfl. He gets 2 or 3 types of greens, bsfl and dubia for his staples.
Ok he should be getting D 3 - was the urate like that before the meds? Make sure he's hydrated this could be causing the orange urate -- we need Tracie and ahbd to look at this
@AHBD
@Drache613

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I remember you were talking about orange urates earlier. And for a while they were white. Then we all together decided that moisturizing helped. Perhaps he again lacks moisture?

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Ok he should be getting D 3 - was the urate like that before the meds? Make sure he's hydrated this could be causing the orange urate -- we need Tracie and ahbd to look at this
@AHBD
@Drache613
Oh ok. I was told if I had proper UVB he wouldn't need D3. Yes since the day we got him 3 months go it's been orange. He's 5 months old. He weights 199g

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Oh ok. I was told if I had proper UVB he wouldn't need D3. Yes since the day we got him 3 months go it's been orange. He's 5 months old. He weights 199g
Babies need D3 till they are around a year old - we need Tracie and or AHBD to advise on this - the UVB helps him absorb / synthesize the calcium hes getting - please start rinsing the greens before serving - are the urates dried out looking chalky?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How long has he been on meds. altogether ? That can dehydrate them and also change the color of the urate. Offer water every day with a syringe, dripped slowly on his nose.

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
How long has he been on meds. altogether ? That can dehydrate them and also change the color of the urate. Offer water every day with a syringe, dripped slowly on his nose.
Around 2.5 months. Yea we started this yesterday. Thank you.

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
I remember you were talking about orange urates earlier. And for a while they were white. Then we all together decided that moisturizing helped. Perhaps he again lacks moisture?
Are you sure I wasn't talking about my beardie that passed? Can you tag me or something? I hope you are right.

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
I found what you were referring to. Thanks!

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
This topic is close to me. Foxy sometimes gets orange urates. I began to suspect that the reason for the Arcadia Deep Heat. What basking lamp do you have?
This one.

Attachments

• 20230817_092037.jpg
    20230817_092037.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 56

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom