ICE STORM AND WORRIED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in the midwest like st louis all most and there is a major ice storm coming our way just worried about power going out and keeping the beardies warm what should i do???? if the power goes out

BeardieGrandma

Juvie Member
Make a quick run to the local sports chalet, big 5, whatever is out there and get some handwarmers. These work great and can be really helpful if power goes out...

good luck with the storm, saw the weather this AM, looks awful.

szubelak

Juvie Member
Be careful with the handwarmers - make sure you wrap them in a towel or something - they get really HOT - I've used them for myself for snowmobiling and there have been times I've had to remove them from my gloves/boots.

What I would reccommend is buying the old fashioned type "water bottles" - the old style of heating pads before they were electric - typically red with a screw type plug , made of heavy rubber - I use it to transport my babies - when I took them to the vet - they had been out of their tanks for 2 hours and the first thing the vet said was "wow, they're still warm" - If you have a gas water heater/stove - you can just refill it if you need to. When I transport I use a towel under and over the water bottle and then put my baby and then fold the towel over them. They really like it because they just snuggle down in there and don't move. Works great - even empty water bottles with warm water would do the trick for you too.

Lesley - I'm in Michigan so I hear ya about the storm coming :D

(I'm a teacher and counting on a snow day Wednesday!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom