Finally wake up time?!

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Luis has been doing really well since he woke up recently. He ate some greens, and even had bugs three times this week. He also went to warm up a bit and is checking out the new branch I scavenged after the recent storm (yes it's huge, over 5 feet!)
IMG_20240204_132000.jpg

IMG_20240204_120449.jpg

IMG_20240204_125418.jpg

I was worried he would find it too scetchy, but he seems just comfy enough.
Hopefully this time he will stay awake for a little longer than last time :)

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I'm very glad Luis was decided to finish brumation and began to take an interest in greens.
Post more photos - Luis has amazing colors, I admire his pattern on the back every time. :love:
Did you weigh Luis after brumation? The new branch looks good and Louis looks great on it.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Thank you Nick, he has been brumating since October on and off and boy have I missed this little guy ;)
While he was sleeping, he went from 349g (end of September) to 342g (yesterday).
IMG_20240204_163710.jpg

Just climbing up to his sleeping spot, which is why he is a little dark right now.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
It's amazing that his weight hasn't changed much! Foxy practically did not eat after brumation due to spring fever, as a result his weight changed from 500g to 455.
PS
Thanks for the photo, amazing color!

Chris.

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
It's amazing that his weight hasn't changed much! Foxy practically did not eat after brumation due to spring fever, as a result his weight changed from 500g to 455.
PS
Thanks for the photo, amazing color!
Luis wasn't really active like Foxy, though. He was out but fell asleep in the same spot he woke up and his eyes opend from 8am to like 2pm or so.
Foxys springtime fewer was really a blast to read through and I hope Luis will be getting his energy up to a similar level too :) Foxy seems like a complete member of the family, and I really admire this!

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I think Luis will also become active very soon. Spring fever to hit everyone :LOL: Foxy woke up for 2-3 weeks before he started asking to go outside. Therefore, I think that Luis still has everything ahead.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Foxys springtime fewer was really a blast to read through and I hope Luis will be getting his energy up to a similar level too :) Foxy seems like a complete member of the family, and I really admire this!
I like to watch the progress of the dragon's process of developing new territories. First, the dragon masters 5-6 m2 in the room, he protects it from other dragons, for this he walks around the perimeter and bobs his head. Then he carefully goes out into other rooms, he is a little scared, but after a couple of weeks this is his territory and he includes it in his security perimeter. The most precious moments were to see how he went very far from familiar places, and then found his way back, I swear, he simply glowed with happiness and joyfully ran to bask in his mountain-hide.

Last edited:

Chris.

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
You are making me very curious. Luis is still very insecure in new rooms or around other humans and will just climb on my shoulder and hold on for dear life every time I try to introduce him to the living room for example...

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
There is nothing surprising in Luis' behavior. This is normal for all dragons. These guys are very conservative, I think you know that. Foxy took some time to get comfortable in the living room, I think it took a year. I just described all the stages in one post.
First, I set up a small basking area for him with a couple of pillows and a mercury lamp. He was already familiar with the lamp and the pillow, because he warmed himself under it near the window. Then, he became interested in the space around the pillows and I began to put a blanket, it helped determine his territory and he tried not to leave the blanket, because there was a slippery floor around him. I never tried to force his research. It was more like the process of drinking from a pipette. I adjusted to his research speed and offered him what he wanted.
I was inspired by @CooperDragon story about Darwin, I wanted Foxy to feel comfortable under a mercury lamp during our trips, so he got his own area in the living room, in the end it turned out like this

Last edited:

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom