power outage

our power just randomly went out for at least i believe 3 hours. i was pretty nervous because i couldnt get on here to ask for help and both of my animals need heat. i had no idea when it would come back on because it wasnt out due to a storm. when it first happened i removed him from his cage and held him so that my body heat could keep him warm but i realized he was probably better of in his enclosure because some of the heat would still be trapped in it. his enclosure never got under 65 and the spot he stayed in was never under 70 so im not to worried. i just mainly wanted to complain and im wondering if theres anything else i can do in the future if this happens again to keep him warmer? i put a blanket over his cage but not right away because i didnt think about it.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It it drops below the mid 60's you could warm up the car and set with them in there(if in a garage make sure the door is OPEN at least a foot or so, due to carbon monoxide). Also you can buy the chemical hand warmers and wrap them in a towel and set them on that for heat.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom