i need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

stub344

my beardies are brother and brother and one day they fought and it messed up one his arm has fallen off his tail is messed up and he wont eat crickets and i was wondering what can i do i have the morphs and they are getting big :(

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Okay, first you need to separate your two beardies, and second, you need to take the injured one to the vet. Forget about the crickets right now. Get him to the vet ASAP!

stub344

Original Poster
i have done that but i just got out of the hospital from a car wreck i almost died and i cant afford a vet

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry you were in an accident & I hope you are ok.
However, your dragon may die if you can't get him any medical care, too which is important. He could get an infection from the bites. His arm literally fell off? What does his tail look like?
It is likely that he is getting an infection if he is already lethargic & not eating. Can you post a picture of him so we can see the severity of his injuries? You will need to keep those areas clean with some diluted betadine & antibiotic ointment on it at least 1-2 times per day. Though this will help it will not take any infection away that could already be present internally or traveling up his tail.
If you cannot afford to get him cared for properly, perhaps it might be a good idea to contact a rescue facility to see if you can get him to someone who can provide him with medical care right now. I realize that is not an easy decision, but, he may not make it if his injuries are that severe & not treated. He will most likely need a partial tail amputation from this.
On another note, you can never house 2 males together, it always ends in trauma one way or another.
Please keep us posted on him.

Tracie

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello,

I am also sorry to hear you were in a car accident! I am with Tracie on this...you need to get someone to help you, whether it be a family member or rescue facility as Tracie mentioned. Your beardie could be in serious danger of infection if not treated.

The best to you and your beardie,

Dawn

stub344

Original Poster
i will try to thanks for the advice i am having to pay out the butt for everything right now and he is up stairs and i cant go up since im in a wheelchair i know a really good vet that would do a great job for me i will post pictures of him a little later his arm just shrivlled up and fell off i am worried he is infected

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Good luck. Please let us know how you are & how your dragon is. Hopefully you can get some pictures up soon of him.

Tracie

Spike20

Yes I think thats one of the first things you should learn is that bearded dragons can live with small turtles in the same cage, but they cannot live with other bearded dragons. They will get really aggressive and fight, even everytime my Spike sees his reflection in a mirror he gets jet black. So you should definetly take your bearded to the vet asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom