Lyrebird.Rainwing

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Swordtail
UPDATE: HE IS HOME!!!
Turns out the poor guy dislocated his shoulder, ive removed the hammock permanently, just in case it’s a hazard. He’s got his arm taped comfortably and was sent home with pain meds. He seems much more comfortable and happy.
Very sleepy and still looks like he’s in pain. But he’s on his road to recovery! Thanks everyone for the compassion and advice! Sooo glad he’s doing okay!!!
I'm glad to hear that the lil guy is alright!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello! Thank you for all the advice, lil guy had me worried out of my mind!
They sent me home with Meloxlam (metacam)
When I brought him home last week he was extremely underweight for his age, and still is. But he’s been gaining weight and eating like crazy since the day I brought him home. Fecal sample and blood work was all good today as well! I have grub pie and beardie buffet that I am going to syringe feed him with for the next couple weeks. Is there a better of those two options for how small he is to help him gain more weight?
Slow and steady w/ weight - it will come -

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Bless him. Poor thing. I think he will be alright but it does take them some time to heal up though.
As you have already done, just be sure nothing is in his tank that he can hurt himself on. The pain
medication, Meloxicam, should only be given short term since it's hard on their system.
It will take some time, but he should eventually gain some weight with a balanced diet.
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

Isrena

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haku
Does anyone know what I should do if I have to syringe feed him and he’s just started shedding under his chin? How to I hold him and open his mouth without pulling off any shed?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is pretty easy to give food through a syringe. You can try to just drop the food onto the end of his
nose to see if he licks the food off like that, instead of trying to open his mouth. That normally is easier
than trying to get their mouth open!

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom