I lost my beardie!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cherrywonder":3uxp9zig said:
:banghead: it is nerve racking. I feel so stressed! My room has been turned upside looking for my little angel, Chubbs. He seems to be nowhere at all. :banghead:
Ok now you have to look all over your home. Did you tell everyone who lives in your house he's loose if not you should tell them so they could keep an eye out to

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
Setup a basking lamp in the middle of the floor too so if he gets cold he will possibly make his way to it. Always remember to treat a Beardie like you would a toddler, never turn your back on them or they will be gone.

Cherrywonder":328cixc7 said:
Yes everybody knows that Chubbs is chilling somewhere. I can't really adjust my basking light though. D:
How are trying to adjust it and where? Maybe if possible I can help you even though it may be hard to explain

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
Just setup any type of small lamp in the middle of your floor, it does not have to be the basking setup from your tank, this is just something to give him a warm spot to go to. You can also place some salad of feeders under it so he knows they are there.

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
Mediabandit":28236uqc said:
Just setup any type of small lamp in the middle of your floor, it does not have to be the basking setup from your tank, this is just something to give him a warm spot to go to. You can also place some salad of feeders under it so he knows they are there.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
They are quick.
But at least he isn't super tiny.
I am going to say that at this point he is sleeping somewhere.
They will find a snug, safe place.
Your best way of searching is to get on your hands and knees and try to think like a dragon.
Look for any place that looks tempting enough to investigate.
He could wedge himself into the corner of someplace that you could look at hundreds of times and not see him.
Do you have any other pets that could harm him?
If you have a cat or dog you can watch them, if they sniff an area run over and look.

People have lost their beardies outside and managed to find them again.

My friend originally had a young baby dragon (5 weeks old) when he moved in. About a week or two after moving in one day while I was out he called and said he couldn't find the little guy, had been looking all day, and was going to give up and go to bed, and asked me to make sure I didn't step on him when I got home. When I got home I very carefully turned on all the lights in the house, grabbed a flashlight, and first place I looked was a corner where all the dragons liked to go to, the last place the sun disappeared from in my condo as it moved across the sky. He was just a little thing, but there he was, all curled up fast asleep right where I was expecting him.

The other week I let the big girl out of my sight after she climbed off a piece of furniture and jumped to the floor. Half an hour later it struck me that I had no clue where she was. After making sure she was indeed nowhere to be seen I checked under the couch, then under the TV Stand. She was square in the middle of the crawl space under the TV Stand, once again all curled up and out like a light.

About a week before that the big boy had done something similar. I actually had to search for him, but I found him behind the couch, where I have a couple thin storage boxes hidden (he was between the boxes, asleep).

My friend lost Trooper (the big boy) once at another friend's house, he was convinced the cat had gotten the lizard and eaten it. Six days later while sitting in his room he heard the scurrying of little claws, looked up, and Trooper came running into the room out of the blue, stopped, and looked at him like "Well, don't you have any crickets?"

They'll get away from time to time, and when they do they're looking for somewhere small and quiet to fall asleep in until they get hungry. It doesn't necessarily make you a terrible owner, you just had a brain-dead moment. Check corners, crachs, and anywhere else dark and cool a lizard could get in to. Good luck!

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
If there are any little crevices that you can't see or reach far enough into to check, then put plastic shopping/grocery bags on the floor outside of them so you can hear if your beardie comes out and steps on them. Many people have found their beardies with the "shopping bag alarm" lol. Good luck, I'm sure he'll turn up soon! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom