lost beardie!!

Todd7

Beardie name(s)
Todd
i usually let my dragon run around in my room because i can hear his claws so i know where he is. but today my dumb self fell alseep because i was very tired from work and i needed a nap. when i woke up i couldn’t find my beardie anywhere and i still haven’t. i’m pretty sure my door was shut but my dogs like to come in and sleep with me so she might have opened the door and im scared he ran out because he has done that before(he crawled down the stairs and laid in the shoe box) i was almost 100% sure he was just sleeping in an unusual spot but i cannot find him. my room isn’t that big so there’s not many places for him to hide. my house is pretty big so i’m scared he found his way down the stairs. it’s 1am right now and i cant really look good or i’ll wake everyone up. please help i don’t know what to do is there any way to get him to come out. the ac is broke so it’s really hot in here so him being cold isn’t a problem.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is always scary when you lose them & can't find them right away. He couldn't have ran outside, correct
but maybe fallen down the stairs? Are your stairs carpeted to where he can climb down them?
Is there any chance your dogs would attack him?
All you can do is look under everything you can think of, as well as look up on things that he could climb up
like a curtain, a laundry basket with clothes hanging down, etc. They are notorious for squeezing under
entertainment centers or sofas because they are dark.
You could makeshift a portable basking spot for him, with a bowl of food/worms, to see if he might come
around.
Good luck, I hope you are able to find him soon.

Tracie

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I hope that you found him. Being that it was dark, he may have found a corner and laid down or us underneath your bed. Check unusual spots. I hope you report back with good news.

Todd7

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Todd
Hello,

That is always scary when you lose them & can't find them right away. He couldn't have ran outside, correct
but maybe fallen down the stairs? Are your stairs carpeted to where he can climb down them?
Is there any chance your dogs would attack him?
All you can do is look under everything you can think of, as well as look up on things that he could climb up
like a curtain, a laundry basket with clothes hanging down, etc. They are notorious for squeezing under
entertainment centers or sofas because they are dark.
You could makeshift a portable basking spot for him, with a bowl of food/worms, to see if he might come
around.
Good luck, I hope you are able to find him soon.

Tracie
thank you i think i’ll made the basking spot like you said. and no my dogs aren’t aggressive one of them is more scared of him and my other dog doesn’t care about him at all.
i hope he didn’t go outside there’s a back door at the end of the stairs and my grandpa goes in and out of it but i doubt that. yes the stairs have carpet unfortunately😭

Jjurovaty

Photo Comp Winner
Putting out a heat pad or warm pad overnight can help attract them. Don't give up hope. My last dragon walked over an acre through my backyard and crossed a street. I found him 3 weeks later by putting up flyers. They're crazy smart and creative lol. The same guy also made me cut open 2 couches and a mattress boxspring to get him out. Keep looking..use your senses..listen and feel. Good luck! Hope you find him if you haven't already!

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I remember when I left my beardie out cuz my mom called me and forgot my beardie was out of her cage. I was devastated but then I found her in a corner between a speaker and a wall which my beardie can respond to her name so when i called her name she scratched a bit so thats how i found mine a year ago. Have you found your boy yet? Maybe Create a little warm home like a shoebox or something that he can crawl into and put like a heating pad on low and see if he'll go in there.

Todd7

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Todd
i usually let my dragon run around in my room because i can hear his claws so i know where he is. but today my dumb self fell alseep because i was very tired from work and i needed a nap. when i woke up i couldn’t find my beardie anywhere and i still haven’t. i’m pretty sure my door was shut but my dogs like to come in and sleep with me so she might have opened the door and im scared he ran out because he has done that before(he crawled down the stairs and laid in the shoe box) i was almost 100% sure he was just sleeping in an unusual spot but i cannot find him. my room isn’t that big so there’s not many places for him to hide. my house is pretty big so i’m scared he found his way down the stairs. it’s 1am right now and i cant really look good or i’ll wake everyone up. please help i don’t know what to do is there any way to get him to come out. the ac is broke so it’s really hot in here so him being cold isn’t a problem.
i found him!!! he was hiding behind a chair and door in my grandmas room. i was upstairs and i heard her scream saying she found him!! i’m so happy i missed my boy so much i out him in the e hottest spot in his tank to warm up and gave him some food😭😭🙏

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
i found him!!! he was hiding behind a chair and door in my grandmas room. i was upstairs and i heard her scream saying she found him!! i’m so happy i missed my boy so much i out him in the e hottest spot in his tank to warm up and gave him some food😭😭🙏
:blob8: Good they usually turn up in the house -- its outside that is iffy!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That is great news, I'm glad you found him 😀

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Congratulations! I’m so happy for you- I know the pain firsthand of losing a bearded dragon except in my case I lost one of mine outdoors without success of finding her.

My previous bearded dragon, my second, was 3 years when I got her. My nephew had her outside in her play pen, he left only for a moment but she’d squeezed through the gap.

I tore up my entire backyard, I took apart my damaged old car that had been sitting in my driveway for years (it was broken beyond repair), I took all possible measures…

Her name was Pippin. I’m glad your girl is safe and sound,

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Congratulations! I’m so happy for you- I know the pain firsthand of losing a bearded dragon except in my case I lost one of mine outdoors without success of finding her.

My previous bearded dragon, my second, was 3 years when I got her. My nephew had her outside in her play pen, he left only for a moment but she’d squeezed through the gap.

I tore up my entire backyard, I took apart my damaged old car that had been sitting in my driveway for years (it was broken beyond repair), I took all possible measures…

Her name was Pippin. I’m glad your girl is safe and sound,
Oh man that's horrible 😢
I would be devastated.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Oh man that's horrible 😢
I would be devastated.
Yes, I had her for about a month and a half before it happened. I was especially devastated, so close to the death of my first beardie Smaug. I hope no one else has to experience that…

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom