Here is a picture of a female dubia laying an egg sack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutzrus

Hatchling Member
I wanted to say thank you for this amazing thread its made me less fearfull of the creepys LOL i still hate roaches but i am now breeding them successfully. the first one i saw that molted got me all excited i had an albino , was real disappointed it turned roach colored. I do have one question though (im not feeding from my little colony yet except the males here and there) i have about 140ish large nymphs and adults with some babys, they are in a 10 gall glass tank at what point do i need to move them to a bigger place?

two questions LOL tried to feed one to my beardies both said NO!!!! EEWWWWWwwww!!!! and ran from them. I am confused.If i keep offering will they eat them or have i just wasted a bunch of time and money and effort for what i think of as a house pest i would normally kill on sight?

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Nutzrus":3bph7xur said:
I wanted to say thank you for this amazing thread its made me less fearfull of the creepys LOL i still hate roaches but i am now breeding them successfully. the first one i saw that molted got me all excited i had an albino , was real disappointed it turned roach colored. I do have one question though (im not feeding from my little colony yet except the males here and there) i have about 140ish large nymphs and adults with some babys, they are in a 10 gall glass tank at what point do i need to move them to a bigger place?

two questions LOL tried to feed one to my beardies both said NO!!!! EEWWWWWwwww!!!! and ran from them. I am confused.If i keep offering will they eat them or have i just wasted a bunch of time and money and effort for what i think of as a house pest i would normally kill on sight?

Hello, first question. Remember they need room to breed successfully. Overcrowding will lead to deaths. if their is room in their I would hold off and if not them transfer them to a bigger bin. And of course pictures always helps. :wink: S

Now as for your beardies taking off well a few factors could be the problem. One how old are your beardies and are you feeding the size between their eyes? How are you offering the roaches to them? If you think you got it all right then just try and try. Another thing you can do is hold off from feeding the beardies for 2 or 3 days and then offer the roaches to them. Most times that works. Let me know. :D

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Trajega":2cqo55xt said:
Awesome thread, was blown away by being able to sex them pre-adult molt... just awesome

Trajega, I am glad this thread has helped you. But again I cant take all the credit cause their are some great people that has added great things. :D

Nutzrus

Hatchling Member
Twobeardieguy":25dbkrye said:
Nutzrus":25dbkrye said:

Hello, first question. Remember they need room to breed successfully. Overcrowding will lead to deaths. if their is room in their I would hold off and if not them transfer them to a bigger bin. And of course pictures always helps. :wink: S

Now as for your beardies taking off well a few factors could be the problem. One how old are your beardies and are you feeding the size between their eyes? How are you offering the roaches to them? If you think you got it all right then just try and try. Another thing you can do is hold off from feeding the beardies for 2 or 3 days and then offer the roaches to them. Most times that works. Let me know. :D

they are both still getting over URI so the appetites just not there yet :( ill keep offering though. ill get a pic of the dubia set up ASAP gotta wait till my daughters home so i can use the cam LOL she keeps hiding it from me dang teenagers...I havent had any die yet but 3 from the last batch i bought, all were kinda deformed looking and male adults. As for the BD ages i have no clue they were pet store rescues with no background info for them ones 24in ones 17in im thinking both are adults and none of the dubia are bigger than between the eyes except a few of the adult females i dont plan on feeding to them LOL I know ill have to move them soon since i keep seeing more babys guess i have good food and heat going LOL i feed them crushed blue brand cat food, beardie pellets, calcium, and vits mixed together with fresh fruit and greens and veggies removed and replaced daily (leftover dragon food, and kid food LOL )

ayzlyn

Grossest thing I have ever seen...I threw a female in to the mercy of one of my dragons (Blitz). He snapped her up quick and when he chomped the second time an egg sac flew outta her. I don't have a weak stomach at all but that was about enough to make me :puke:

No more feeding the females unless I can scurry away quickly although I don't suppose that'll save me when I have to clean the tank and possibly see an egg sac laying around. I don't think that will be as bad but this definitely was a visual I could have gone without.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I would save the females to have more babies. But it is not as gross seeing it laying in the bin. Hopefully you dont have any just laying around. But yes it is a different sight seeing one pop out. :laughing6:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom