Help!!

vmiskelley23

Beardie name(s)
Toothless
My bearded dragon got his tail stuck under his hide only for a second!! Now the very tip of his tail is black!?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 31

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
My bearded dragon got his tail stuck under his hide only for a second!! Now the very tip of his tail is black!?!
Did it turn black immediately? Or has it been a few days?
They can and do darken their tails for a variety of reasons. If it just happened and your beardie isn't black bearding it'll probably be ok.
Keep an eye on it though if it is injured and the color don't come back in a day or so you might have to see a vet. Injuries can lead to tail rot, but if would take some time to set in.

vmiskelley23

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Did it turn black immediately? Or has it been a few days?
They can and do darken their tails for a variety of reasons. If it just happened and your beardie isn't black bearding it'll probably be ok.
Keep an eye on it though if it is injured and the color don't come back in a day or so you might have to see a vet. Injuries can lead to tail rot, but if would take some time to set in.
It just happened today when I was getting him out of his hide to soak him..his tail got stuck under his log only briefly.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, he likely had a dark tail tip just from stress. It does't appear to be damaged there so the
color should return to normal soon.

Tracie

vmiskelley23

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

I agree, he likely had a dark tail tip just from stress. It does't appear to be damaged there so the

Tracie
There was no damage on the outside his tail just barely went under his hide. I’m still very concerned. I just don’t want it to get worse.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If it wasn't pinched, your beardie is fine. A dark tip is absolutely normal, most ot the time it will extend 1/3 to 1/2 the way up the tail.

vmiskelley23

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
If it wasn't pinched, your beardie is fine. A dark tip is absolutely normal, most ot the time it will extend 1/3 to 1/2 the way up the tail.
I think it was stuck under his hide then I lifted him up and it caught his tail.

vmiskelley23

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

Tracie
Could I send you a new picture of his tail today to see if you think it’s getting better??

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely looks roughly the same, but just watch that area to be sure the darkness doesn't start to
travel upwards on the tail. He must have really gotten mad trying to free himself & yanked it pretty
hard!

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom