Question about shedding on her tail tip

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, my bearded dragon has always had a bit of an odd tail tip. It kinda of looks like a ball at the end. I’ve noticed she hasn’t shed there in a while. the shedding looks a little dull there. I’m not sure how much they shed their tail tip. Should I do anything to prevent stuck shedding? Like spray it or soak her tail? I think the last photo is the easiest to see

Attachments

• 6ECD909A-7A31-4E97-AB1E-C4E6A8CC4D7F.jpeg
    6ECD909A-7A31-4E97-AB1E-C4E6A8CC4D7F.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 7178E402-9589-48B8-A696-E5BBCD5A347A.jpeg
    7178E402-9589-48B8-A696-E5BBCD5A347A.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 41A947DD-1ECC-4C09-A23A-F3E72E7F1222.jpeg
    41A947DD-1ECC-4C09-A23A-F3E72E7F1222.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 10DCB244-693F-4A1A-840A-49732A7C457B.jpeg
    10DCB244-693F-4A1A-840A-49732A7C457B.jpeg
    227.9 KB · Views: 29

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, my bearded dragon has always had a bit of an odd tail tip. It kinda of looks like a ball at the end. I’ve noticed she hasn’t shed there in a while. the shedding looks a little dull there. I’m not sure how much they shed their tail tip. Should I do anything to prevent stuck shedding? Like spray it or soak her tail? I think the last photo is the easiest to see
Just leave it and watch it -- it looks really dried out - do you know if she has feeling in it?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Just leave it and watch it -- it looks really dried out - do you know if she has feeling in it?
No, I don’t know how to tell that. I’ve seen the end of her tail twitch before but not the tip. I’ve been touching it to see if she responds to it. She doesn’t seem to. Sometimes she looks to see what I’m doing though. But, I think she just sees my hand. I touched more parts of her tail and her fingers as well and she has no reaction. She doesn’t seem to care if I touch her tail, so it makes it hard to tell. What does it mean if it’s really dried out?

Update: I tried again to see if she would react to be touching her tail tip. She seemed to look back knowing I was touching it. But, other parts of her tail were moving too. So, I’m not sure if that counts.

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No, I don’t know how to tell that. I’ve seen the end of her tail twitch before but not the tip. I’ve been touching it to see if she responds to it. She doesn’t seem to. Sometimes she looks to see what I’m doing though. But, I think she just sees my hand. I touched more parts of her tail and her fingers as well and she has no reaction. She doesn’t seem to care if I touch her tail, so it makes it hard to tell. What does it mean if it’s really dried out?

Update: I tried again to see if she would react to be touching her tail tip. She seemed to look back knowing I was touching it. But, other parts of her tail were moving too. So, I’m not sure if that counts.
It just looks dried out -- if they get a pinch bite or some sort of injury it can turn into tail rot but it doesnt look like theres any injury -- its not turning black which is good - it wont have any feeling there either so there is blood flow to it if shes responding to the touch

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
It just looks dried out -- if they get a pinch bite or some sort of injury it can turn into tail rot but it doesnt look like theres any injury -- its not turning black which is good - it wont have any feeling there either so there is blood flow to it if shes responding to the touch
Hello, thank you for your help!!! I’m not 100% sure she responded to the touch because of the other part of her tail was moving as well. She also just doesn’t seem to care of it touch anywhere as long as it’s not her head. I’ll keep trying to try to know for sure. Should I do anything about it being dried out? Or could it just be a genetic thing? Or maybe a shedding thing? I know it has been that shape for a years. I definitely haven’t seen it get injured, although I could have missed it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hello, thank you for your help!!! I’m not 100% sure she responded to the touch because of the other part of her tail was moving as well. She also just doesn’t seem to care of it touch anywhere as long as it’s not her head. I’ll keep trying to try to know for sure. Should I do anything about it being dried out? Or could it just be a genetic thing? Or maybe a shedding thing? I know it has been that shape for a years. I definitely haven’t seen it get injured, although I could have missed it.
If its been like that for years leave it alone-- it would of done something by now -- its more than likely just shedding --- it takes a while for them to shed tails

Staff online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom