HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam16

Original Poster
I do not know the brand but I put it 2 inches away from basking spot and it is 100 degrees. Is there any possibility that he has mbd?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What are you seeing on him that makes you think it might be MBD?

You only just got the temp gun, right? It will take him at least a few days to get accustomed to the new temps. What wattage basking bulb are you using now?

Are you going to try offering the baby food as Kristine suggested? What you would do is put drops on his nose for him to lick off.

I don't think we asked what type of substrate you have on the bottom of the tank, if not, could you fill us in on that?

Could you post a picture of him in his tank?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Man it sure is frustrating when you make a million threads on the same subject. I've given you all the advice you need right now in your previous thread that you started first.

Your dragon is not going to eat, is not going to act healthy, is not going to be anything but sick, until you fix your husbandry issues. And even after you get everything perfect, it's going to take a few days if not a week or more for him to start getting back to normal.

Force feeding isn't going to do anything. Your dragon isn't eating for a reason. Fix that reason instead of trying to mask over it.

Like a car burning oil. Sure, you can keep forcing oil into it and adding new oil every day, or you could fix what is causing the issue and not have to add oil all the time.

-Brandon

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Brandon - Thanks for pointing that out. I personally wasn't aware of another thread. That's always frustrating and makes it difficult to keep all info in one place.

Maybe a mod can work their magic and combine the threads?

Also, great point using the oil/car PROBLEM analogy. Rings very true. Wish I'd known (we'd all known) you'd already offered the same help.

I'm also interested to know what you're using as a substrate. Just to be safe.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So I merged the HELP thread in ER and the Force Feeding thread from Feeding. Liam, please do not start any more threads, please continue with this one. I will remove any future threads from here. Added by moderator

Liam16

Original Poster
I was getting a 55 gallon tank for him for my bday, first I was wondering if a 55 gallon fish tank would do, and also,what lighting should I get him? Should I keep the 100 watts? I have two

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You're better off with a 40 gallon breeder or critter tank, as it's wider. The fish tanks are only 12" wide, not enough space for a grown dragon to turn around. The critter tanks are 18" wide so much more room. Plus being 18" tall, they're easier to heat. I have 5 dragons in critter tanks & they have lots of room to run around. My bigger dragon, Rubio, who's over 800g and 22" long, is in a 75 gallon, which is still 18" high but 20" deep & 4' long.

So having the wider tanks, no matter which type you want to get is better for your dragon.

100W should be sufficient to heat your dragon's basking spot because of the tank being 18" tall as opposed to 24" tall. Makes a difference.

I'm glad he's feeling better and eating well and being more active. How you see why we were all insistent on getting the temps right & having a good UVB tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom