HELP!! Don't have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willa

Hatchling Member
I am wanting to build a viv for my Kashet. He is about 15 inches long and still in his 20 gallon starter tank. My hubby thinks a large kitchen cabinet would work, I like the idea of an old tv cabinet. Any ideas :?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Actually they are both great ideas and have been done by members on here. If you go through the Viv Pictures thread in the Enclosures forum you can see them and many more for that matter.

Dawn :D

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
There are actually many things you can do. First, how big is the cabinet, need length,depth and high measurements.
I just converted over an old china cabinet for a handicapable dragon, made it into a castle for him.
Many folks check yard sales or craig's list local to them for stand alone steros, you know the kind made in the 1970's with a turn table. These are easy to convert into a single story enclosure.
You can also build from scratch an enclosure and custom it to your and the dragons taste from this site:
http://www.freewebs.com/crossfireenclosures/
I am making a stacked duel set of enclosures for my two 9 1/2 week olds, similar to this instructions.
You can also check out the enclosures threads to get ideas.
I hope this helps you out !
Janie.

Willa

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks :D All this helps. We haven't got a cabinet yet. We are going to check out some of the flea markets here. Texas has awesome flea markets and yard sales year round. I'll look at some of the pics on here and I'll keep asking questions, cause I need all the help I can get. I'll post pics when I finally get started.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Oh good ! I love pictures !
I can also help you fixture the lights, as I once owned a saltwater maintenance company and did several custom hoods for reef and fish only tanks.
Janie.

Willa

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Cool :D I'll need all the help I can get. I apperntly don't have a clue as I am finding out :oops:

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Hey now, none of that ! We all started out like this ! And we all fixed things through this place and others like it.
Janie
*hugs and support!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom