My 4 yr old male beardie is driving me crazy wanting to find a female! Help?! Any advice appreciated.

Wildflower

Beardie name(s)
Zero
My 4 yr old male beardie, Zero, is driving me crazy wanting to find a female! Just came out of brumation.
He goes crazy inside his enclosure, moving around, going back and forth,
Full on black beard and partial black tail, head bobbing. When I let him out to move around and maybe work off some energy, he's running around frantically looking for a mate. He even attempts to mate with a toy stuffed dragon we have. It's painful to watch him going through this. In the enclosure --- goes nuts, out of the enclosure --- still going nuts! I don't know what to do to help him.
Obviously we do not own a female.
I sure hope this stage is over quickly.
Please, any advice welcome!?

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Thanks for your response Hazel.
Do you know if this would affect his appetite? He's not wanting to eat very much at all and he's losing weight fast.
Agreeing with xp, they most likely won't want to eat. As long as you watch him of when he stops the behavior to feed him he'll be fine. If you want you can try to feed him a little bit of food in case he's hungry and he can eat.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom