Feeding Adult Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katienic

How many days a week do your adult beardies get feed insects? I feed mine Dubai roaches and wondering how often he's supposed to have them now that he is an adult

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah at most. Try to get your adult to eat mostly a wide variety of veges offered every day. I offer my adult a bug meal maybe 1-2 times per week with an occasional snack thrown in.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It depends on the situation. I like to keep a close eye on weight and if that's stable then I would just keep offering salads because they're likely being picky. Work with them a bit and try to find their favorite veges. If they are losing weight then I would worry about an underlying health issue but offer limited amounts of healthy bugs. to keep their weight and energy up in case they're fighting something off. Once they get used to salads and have their favorites picked out they seem to do pretty well. The tough part is getting them into that routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom