eating ALOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidra

Ok so my baby beardie is like almost 2 months old maybe... and for the last 2 days... hes eatin atleast 25 crickets but... barley any greens.... is this good or bad?

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
It's fine. Babies eat mostly 'protein' for their first year. I think it's 80% protein 20% greens, but my % mightbe off a little.

That's great your baby is eating! Keep offering the greens too....

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
That's perfectly normal.. When they are babies they usually don't like their greens so its great that yours is eating them.. Most babies eat anywhere from 30-100 crickets a day.. One rule of thumb that works for some people is feeding them as much as they will eat within 10 minutes..

Sidra

Original Poster
Ok well moved him to his new viv and gave him some meal worms today... (he ate me all out of crickets) i was wondering if meal worms were ok... ther not big ones little small ones

deh05001

Sidra":e0sfbgaa said:
Ok well moved him to his new viv and gave him some meal worms today... (he ate me all out of crickets) i was wondering if meal worms were ok... ther not big ones little small ones

I wouldn't risk it. Mealworms have a hard shell, even when they are of eatable size to baby dragons. It could be okay, you never know.... but most people will tell you to hold off on the mealworms and superworms to babies.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
You should only feed Superworms to beardies that are at least 16 inches (unless they are a micro) and mealworms are a no no all together b/c they have a very hard outer shell thats hard to digest and can lead to impaction..

Sidra

Original Poster
thanks all... im probably gana have to go order crickets from online because this is getting expencive... the problem that my parents wont let me keep crickets in the house.... do u think they could survive in a pretty cold basement?

Backlash

Hatchling Member
What i found to work pretty good, is to find a cheep tank online, like a 10 or 20 gallon. Put a heating pad on the bottom, and cover most of the top to keep the heat in but allow some air flow. All you need is some toilet paper rolls and egg carton for the crickets to climb around on. As long as you keep the tank at around 70 degrees, the crickets should do fine.

keen77

Hatchling Member
you should try pheonix worms, bet your lil guy would love them. I've started breeding feeders b/c mine eats so much:)

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Yes phoenix worms and reptiworms (which are the same worm diff company) are a great staple feeder.. They have just the right amounts of calcium so there's no need for dusting.. I've had better results from the reptiworms and they are a little cheaper.. www.reptiworms.com If you use the coupon code BEARDED20 you can get 20% off.. Your baby should prob eat about 25-30 per feeding of the reptiworms..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom