Worried new Baby Beardie mama (She has not eaten anything today)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That should be the desert type, i think the tropical bulbs are 5%
Your screen is fine mesh, it will block a significant amount of the uvb, but it looks like your beardie can get pretty close with your setup so you should be ok there. With that screen your beardie needs to be able to get within 8 inches of the bulb. The other option would be to mount it under the screen. Then with that bulb it would need 12 to 15 inches.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Please do be careful with the crickets, they will sometimes chew holes in beardies at night, they are vicious.

MeatballAndMama

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delphina 'Meatball"
the rock on the left side is exactly 8 inches from the bulb, and the basking side is about 7 inches from the light

MeatballAndMama

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delphina 'Meatball"
Please do be careful with the crickets, they will sometimes chew holes in beardies at night, they are vicious.
Yeah we left them in with her last night but every other night we have taken them out ( will do so again tonight ) and the nights we did leave them in , we gave them fruits, veggies and wheat chow to eat instead of her but even then i didnt feel okay about it.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Lol I've worried myself into crawling out of bed in the middle of the night to go and make sure they weren't getting my babies. You'll soon find nothing can make you worry more than a beardie lmao 🤣

MeatballAndMama

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delphina 'Meatball"
Lol I've worried myself into crawling out of bed in the middle of the night to go and make sure they weren't getting my babies. You'll soon find nothing can make you worry more than a beardie lmao 🤣
For the first week I had a 2 hour alarm go off to check the temp in her enclosure lol and then the same with the heat lamp lol

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
See it's already started 🤪
They are like kids the first one keeps you a nervous wreck, by number 2 or 3 you'll be like an old pro and it'll take something serious to rattle ya 😉

MeatballAndMama

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delphina 'Meatball"
See it's already started 🤪
They are like kids the first one keeps you a nervous wreck, by number 2 or 3 you'll be like an old pro and it'll take something serious to rattle ya 😉
haha oh goodness , its definitely terrifying . Appaently im a helicopter mom lol. Anytime anything changes or she does anything new im googling it immediately

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Once you get you setup on point everything else kindda falls in place. It is likely as simple as hdo said and is relocation stress, and/or shedding, your setup is in pretty good shape, i don't think there is any issues there.

MeatballAndMama

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delphina 'Meatball"
Once you get you setup on point everything else kindda falls in place. It is likely as simple as hdo said and is relocation stress, and/or shedding, your setup is in pretty good shape, i don't think there is any issues there.
thank you! we finally got her to eat and now shes sleeping on my lap for now haha

Attachments

• IMG_8029.jpg
    IMG_8029.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 60

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom