Haze Doesn't Like Greens Nor Mealworms?

Dot4Dot7Dot

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haze/Yelnats (~2-3mo old)
Hello there!
I've owned Haze for nearly a week now. I've noticed that she'll eat crickets like I do with chocolate (really quickly), but she'll leave her mealworms and greens to pretty much collect dust. I've guesstimated that she is about 2-3 months old based off her length and I was wondering with this is normal for a baby beardie?
I'm a first time bearded dragon owner, and when I helped friends feed theirs, both were already adults.
I am glad that she is eating, when I got her she was tiny and her belly looked completely flat, now she looks like she eats like royalty and has a bigger belly and is a lot more active.
The pictures that i've included:
The ones of Haze in her tank are from when I first got her
The ones of Haze on the fluffy blue pillow were taken today

Attachments

• 72851549774__0D830994-038B-4C53-87DE-6006F19666C2.jpeg
    72851549774__0D830994-038B-4C53-87DE-6006F19666C2.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0202.jpeg
    IMG_0202.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0259.jpeg
    IMG_0259.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0260.jpeg
    IMG_0260.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 27

Dot4Dot7Dot

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Just a heads up, I don't know if this was everyone's experience, but at that age and size you will likely throw away more greens than she will eat. It's okay to just feed one type at a time until it's gone. I alternate between mustard greens, turnip greens, collard greens, and kale, but if I can get my hands on dandelion greens, those are Thor's faves.
Thank you! I tried feeding her some carrot shavings but after she didnt eat them after two or three days, I kinda gave up on those. I made little zip lock baggies of all the different types, including carrots, and made one of all of them mixed together. The only one I left out was the Red Cabbage that I bought. Gotta figure out what ima cook with it lol

Last edited:

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
The only one I left out was the Red Cabbage that I bought. Gotta figure out what ima cook with it lol
we interrupt this thread for a totally off topic comment ...
purple cabbage casserole. mom made it all the time when i was a kid and it is literally the only way i eat cabbage. brown some hamburger with onion and garlic and then mix in a 28oz can of diced tomatoes. layer it with chopped up cabbage and grated cheese. cook 350° - 375° until cabbage is tender.​
... and now, back to our originally scheduled topic

Dot4Dot7Dot

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
we interrupt this thread for a totally off topic comment ...
purple cabbage casserole. mom made it all the time when i was a kid and it is literally the only way i eat cabbage. brown some hamburger with onion and garlic and then mix in a 28oz can of diced tomatoes. layer it with chopped up cabbage and grated cheese. cook 350° - 375° until cabbage is tender.​
... and now, back to our originally scheduled topic
Thank you! Ill try it out tomorrow!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Thank you! She is really pretty and her pattern is why I named her Haze :) she was the only one at PetSmart so I feel really lucky to have her!
Wow I'm surprised she came from petsmart. Usually normals or higher saturation orange is all they have to offer, I've never seen a g strope there before. Thats good though it means maybe they've introduced some new bloodlines into there bearding.

Dot4Dot7Dot

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Wow I'm surprised she came from petsmart. Usually normals or higher saturation orange is all they have to offer, I've never seen a g strope there before. Thats good though it means maybe they've introduced some new bloodlines into there bearding.
Ooo so I really am lucky. I just went back today to restock her crickets and grab some very tiny Dubia Roaches. They're smaller than a dime. I stopped to look at their reptile section and only saw one baby beardie who looked nothing like Haze. Also got offered by a fellow customer to buy his 5yo beardie and all of the equipment that he has. Really tempting offer but I wont be able to afford it till next month so I had to turn him down. Hopefully he finds a good home for his beardie!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom