Stool looks weird.

Jackie...BD!

Beardie name(s)
Jackie
Hello everyone, my beardie girl almost a year old,
She grown really quick in the beginning, so when she were like 8-9 month old she stopped growing and start eating very little. Overall looks healthy and haven't lose a weight, even a gain a little. I think she also was in some kind of brumation. Last 2-3 month she quit eating any greens. Hardly eating her dubias. Not basking much, when she's not eating like 3 days I offer her favorite superworms or butter worms and she just eat those. Because of that she barely poop, once in 2-3 weeks. This time she hasn't poop 35 days. And today she hardly pooped. It looks dry and weird. I'll attach picture. Anyone experience the same and when she'll start eating more and basking normally.

Attachments

• 20231220_102825.jpg
    20231220_102825.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 34

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Hello everyone, my beardie girl almost a year old,
She grown really quick in the beginning, so when she were like 8-9 month old she stopped growing and start eating very little. Overall looks healthy and haven't lose a weight, even a gain a little. I think she also was in some kind of brumation. Last 2-3 month she quit eating any greens. Hardly eating her dubias. Not basking much, when she's not eating like 3 days I offer her favorite superworms or butter worms and she just eat those. Because of that she barely poop, once in 2-3 weeks. This time she hasn't poop 35 days. And today she hardly pooped. It looks dry and weird. I'll attach picture. Anyone experience the same and when she'll start eating more and basking normally.
The poo looks fine to me. Defecation schedules change during brumation, so I wouldn’t worry too much… if you need to, try to give her a warm bath and massage her lower belly, that’ll stimulate any stool.

You could try give her some pumpkin, or baby food? I hear that works well. As long as your setup is correct (tube UVB, proper temps, etc…) she shouldn’t get constipated. What substrate do you use?

@AHBD

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
The poo looks fine to me. Defecation schedules change during brumation, so I wouldn’t worry too much… if you need to, try to give her a warm bath and massage her lower belly, that’ll stimulate any stool.

You could try give her some pumpkin, or baby food? I hear that works well. As long as your setup is correct (tube UVB, proper temps, etc…) she shouldn’t get constipated. What substrate do you use?

@AHBD
I use zen habitat mat, everything in the enclosure in order. Probably brumation thing.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I use zen habitat mat, everything in the enclosure in order. Probably brumation thing.
From my understanding 35 days is a long time to go without passing though, my boy goes weekly/every two weeks. Maybe try and stimulate some bowel movement just in case.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The poo is a little dry so yeah, add some pumpkin or baby food like squash, sweet potato. Or buy squash or 1 sweet potato, cut off a piece, microwave it and chop it finely. Add a drop of olive oil to any of those things.

Post a pic of her, if she grew fast her body doesn't need much food atm and she's only eating what she wants like superworms , dubia, etc. Hold off on insects and offer salads daily. That will help her poo.

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
The poo is a little dry so yeah, add some pumpkin or baby food like squash, sweet potato. Or buy squash or 1 sweet potato, cut off a piece, microwave it and chop it finely. Add a drop of olive oil to any of those things.

Post a pic of her, if she grew fast her body doesn't need much food atm and she's only eating what she wants like superworms , dubia, etc. Hold off on insects and offer salads daily. That will help her poo.
Ok, thanks...i putting greens every day and she's not eating them and I want her to eat something and that's when superworms come to a plate. They are manipulate us:)
They funny part is she ate her greens when she was a baby no problem and now she acting like that.

Attachments

• 20231204_152418.jpg
    20231204_152418.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20230905_164257.jpg
    20230905_164257.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 38

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Jackie grew pretty fast, she's a nice looking dragon ! Super + butterworms are like a tasty cheeseburger that has great flavor but not quite as nutritious and lean as other meals. So beardies will choose those at times and ignore the greens. But if you just hold out for a while she will eat the greens but also try the squash, sweet potato or canned pumpkin.
Did she sleep off + on for a while ? Because like you said this can be a short semi brumation . She should be fine in the long run. :)

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
Jackie grew pretty fast, she's a nice looking dragon ! Super + butterworms are like a tasty cheeseburger that has great flavor but not quite as nutritious and lean as other meals. So beardies will choose those at times and ignore the greens. But if you just hold out for a while she will eat the greens but also try the squash, sweet potato or canned pumpkin.
Did she sleep off + on for a while ? Because like you said this can be a short semi brumation . She should be fine in the long run. :)
I wouldn’t say that she was really in sleep, but she was in her hide or others side from basking spot most of the time in past couple months. Just laying down, barely moves.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom