Is this bruising or mouth rot?

DragonMumm

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
Hi everyone, first time beardie mom here.

Keep in mind I do have a vet appt scheduled but the earliest I could get in was in 2 weeks!
So, I have come to ask here for some insight.

My beardie, Pancake is a 2.5 yr old female who just laid eggs today (2 weeks ago she only laid 3 single eggs so we were concerned about that, but she finally laid, so that is not a concern anymore.)

I have noticed over the last few days a darkened area around her snout. Almost like she burried her nose in dirt and it stained. It was lighter a few days ago but has gotten much darker since. She does surf alot and when we take her out she'll run around and bump her nose quite often. Her bottom lips looks a little bit raw. I was concerned it was mouth rot but her gums don't really look like it. (Like I said, to be sure I have a vet visit coming up.)

Does anyone have any ideas or has a beardie that has gone through the same thing? I have attached photos. The first photo was a few days ago when the "bruising" looked lighter. The next 2 are today. I will also note that it feels almost like a scab and seems to be peeling off (second close up photo.)

Thanks for taking the time to read and any insight is extremely appreciated.

Attachments

• 20240331_165622.jpg
    20240331_165622.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20240402_165200.jpg
    20240402_165200.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20240402_165227.jpg
    20240402_165227.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 30

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Gl
Hi everyone, first time beardie mom here.

Keep in mind I do have a vet appt scheduled but the earliest I could get in was in 2 weeks!
So, I have come to ask here for some insight.

My beardie, Pancake is a 2.5 yr old female who just laid eggs today (2 weeks ago she only laid 3 single eggs so we were concerned about that, but she finally laid, so that is not a concern anymore.)

I have noticed over the last few days a darkened area around her snout. Almost like she burried her nose in dirt and it stained. It was lighter a few days ago but has gotten much darker since. She does surf alot and when we take her out she'll run around and bump her nose quite often. Her bottom lips looks a little bit raw. I was concerned it was mouth rot but her gums don't really look like it. (Like I said, to be sure I have a vet visit coming up.)

Does anyone have any ideas or has a beardie that has gone through the same thing? I have attached photos. The first photo was a few days ago when the "bruising" looked lighter. The next 2 are today. I will also note that it feels almost like a scab and seems to be peeling off (second close up photo.)

Thanks for taking the time to read and any insight is extremely appreciated.
Glass surfing causes this- please get some raw unfiltered honey on it- example manuka honey - please no crickets in the tank if your feeding them they'll go straight for the mouth

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom