easy to breed staple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
dragongirl95":11zle40i said:
does anyone have nutriants vaules for crickets and dubia? im making a powerpoint to show my parents how much better dubia are
Check out beautiful dragons maybe?

dragongirl95

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I got awesome news. My mom just told me we could try out dubia. But she said if one escapes never again. So what do I need to get for the dubia?

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
Good luck with no escapees I have them escape from my beardies cage when she's eating but then my cage has a teeny gap at the door from the hinges, its homemade. Never had any escape from the bin though.

You need a bin, plastic storage tote, not a tiny one, they need room to multiply. Then you need egg crates (I use the ones from the eggs I get at the store). Also a heat source (mine are on top my beardies cage and placed above the heat lamp), as well as food and water. Best water issoil moist sold at lowes, home depot, or similar stores. For food I grind up cat food, dog food, dry beans, rice, various low to no sugar cereals, etc.

Good luck.

dragongirl95

Juvie Member
Original Poster
im think about orderig a 190 mix that comes with a adult pair then im gonna order an extra 20 female and another male. do you think that would be a good start?

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
It will take a fair amount of time to get 'established', but people have started with less, myself included. :D I started with 60 total roaches(babies, adults, subadults) in early October. Haven't counted in a while, and I have added to the colony twice since then, but I am still waiting to have 100% independence from pet shop feeders. :p Probably going to order some more adults soon, I am too impatient to keep waiting. :lol:

Next step; start a super colony, and maybe some Turks.

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
dragongirl95":3fhxoe6c said:
Are the Turks better then dubia?

Nope. Just variety. They are smaller and breed faster-and run faster, but they look more roach like. At least that is how I understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom