Dragon Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardy, elizabeth, laid 11 eggs about 1 hour ago. I didnt know she was pregnant so i havent researched how to take care of them. I covered them with sand but i have no idea what to do. Please help.

3cherries

Hatchling Member
i would check under the breeding info on the forum.. did she mate? i think they can lay unfertilized eggs...........

ewstokes

Juvie Member
3cherries":3890c said:
i would check under the breeding info on the forum.. did she mate? i think they can lay unfertilized eggs...........
Yeah they can. Has she been mated? Are they white and plump?>

spikesowner

Original Poster
yes the eggs are mostly whitish and well formed. Some are plump.

QUESTION: IM 13 AND IM USING A STYROFOAM INCUBATOR FOR THE 14 EGGS ELIZABETH LAIDED. iVE HAD THEM IN THERE FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS AND THEY ARE STARTING TO SMELL BAD. SOME OF THE EGGS HAVE WHITE SPOTS AND BLOTCHS ON THEM WHILE 4 OF THE EGGS ARE PLAIN WHITE AND LARGE LOOK HEALTHY. THE ONES THAT HAVE THE WHITE SPOTS ARE DISCOLORED AND NOT AS WELL FORMED. ARE THE WHITE SPOTS UNHEALTHY OR SIGNS OF INFECTION? PLEASE HELP.

SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
[Moved from General Discussion forum to here so that it could get the attention it needs]

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
spikesowner":40544 said:
yes the eggs are mostly whitish and well formed. Some are plump.

QUESTION: IM 13 AND IM USING A STYROFOAM INCUBATOR FOR THE 14 EGGS ELIZABETH LAIDED. iVE HAD THEM IN THERE FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS AND THEY ARE STARTING TO SMELL BAD. SOME OF THE EGGS HAVE WHITE SPOTS AND BLOTCHS ON THEM WHILE 4 OF THE EGGS ARE PLAIN WHITE AND LARGE LOOK HEALTHY. THE ONES THAT HAVE THE WHITE SPOTS ARE DISCOLORED AND NOT AS WELL FORMED. ARE THE WHITE SPOTS UNHEALTHY OR SIGNS OF INFECTION? PLEASE HELP.

SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS.

Those smelly, discolored eggs are infertile or dead embryos! You need to remove those immediately before they attract mold and possibly spread mold to the healthy eggs! If you have removed the bad eggs, the smell will be gone. It's natures way of telling you something is not right, smelly = bad egg!

Anthony

Kagome100

Juvie Member
you said you put sand on them? that wont work i dont think. You need vermiculite. Also did she even mate with a male? Females can lay eggs without a male but they wont be any good.

Did you rotate them at all?
also what was the temp in the incubator?
What is the Humm lvl in the incubator?

Just questions to see if the eggs would of made it or were no good.

If you have pics of the eggs that would really help to.

spikesowner

Original Poster
THANK YOU.

You need vermiculite. SORRY, IT IS VERMICULITE. MY DAD GOT IT WITH ME

Also did she even mate with a male? Females can lay eggs without a male but they wont be any good. YES. SHE LIVES WITH ZEUS AND HAS SINCE SHE WAS BORN THREE YEARS AGO.

Did you rotate them at all? NO

also what was the temp in the incubator? 81-82

What is the Humm lvl in the incubator? I HAVE A HUMITIDY STRIP, BUT CAN'T TELL. IT IS PRETTY MOIST IN THEIR. TOO MOIST?

Just questions to see if the eggs would of made it or were no good.

Kagome100

Juvie Member
mmm all that sounds good... ummm for the humm around 80 would be good. If you can post a pic and we all can see if we can tell what the spots are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom