Could my bearded dragon be acting strange because of poop?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, my bearded dragon has been having a dark beard since this morning. It was a little dark last night. But not really. I don’t think I did anything to make her mad. She dosent really want her greens. She laid eggs a few days ago. Yesterday she ate a lot of greens. Like a crazy amount. She also still wanted her crickets today. She was really excited for them. She has been having extra crickets since she laid the eggs. She sometimes gets up and walks back and forth a bit as well. I don’t know how many times she did this today. The dark beard gets a bit better with food. Could this be from poop? Or is it something worse? I feel like sometimes she dosent want her greens when she needs to poop and hasn’t gone in a few days. And, maybe a few times she has a black beard.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, my bearded dragon has been having a dark beard since this morning. It was a little dark last night. But not really. I don’t think I did anything to make her mad. She dosent really want her greens. She laid eggs a few days ago. Yesterday she ate a lot of greens. Like a crazy amount. She also still wanted her crickets today. She was really excited for them. She has been having extra crickets since she laid the eggs. She sometimes gets up and walks back and forth a bit as well. I don’t know how many times she did this today. The dark beard gets a bit better with food. Could this be from poop? Or is it something worse? I feel like sometimes she dosent want her greens when she needs to poop and hasn’t gone in a few days. And, maybe a few times she has a black beard.
Are her lights in the tank up to par? Surface basking temps ? UVB? If all this is on par she will eventually poop -- can you post a pic of the black beard your speaking of and her -- are you giving a little extra calcium since she laid the eggs?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Are her lights in the tank up to par? Surface basking temps ? UVB? If all this is on par she will eventually poop -- can you post a pic of the black beard your speaking of and her -- are you giving a little extra calcium since she laid the eggs?
I believe all the lights are good. I changed them less than 6 months ago. The temps seem the same as yesterday. Which was around 100 basking temp. I can’t check it right now because she’s sitting on it. I have been giving her calcium every day. With d3 only twice a week. This is her beard about as dark as I’ve seen it today. Other times it’s a bit brighter.
image.jpg

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Shes fine-- their beards will change color w/ their moods -- the vacuum may have scared her
Ok, thank you very much! I think the vacuum wasn’t on until I took the second picture. Although it definitely upset her when it was on. I know sometimes they are not in the mood for greens. But, is it ok she’s dosent want greens if she was eating them a lot yesterday. And had eggs on Sunday. Could her large appetite just have gone away?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok, thank you very much! I think the vacuum wasn’t on until I took the second picture. Although it definitely upset her when it was on. I know sometimes they are not in the mood for greens. But, is it ok she’s dosent want greens if she was eating them a lot yesterday. And had eggs on Sunday. Could her large appetite just have gone away?
It's fine if shes not hungry- just keep offering her food she'll eat when she's hungry

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
I agree with Karrie.
Tomorrow offer greens before the crickets to keep her on a good trend, I know she's always done good eating greens from what I remember.
Ok, thank you! I will give her greens first. She ate one this morning. But, after that she hasn’t wanted anything to do with them. Sometimes she gets real picky with greens. For a while she hasn’t been though.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
She pooped this morning. She kept walking back and forth yesterday which made it look like she had to go. It was big and watery. She ate a couple of greens when I gave it to her and her beard looks bright at the moment. She dosent seem to like sweet potato. Is it ok to give her a probiotic that I have? Will that help? I know she’s eaten the sweet potato once and I thought she liked it. But, today she is just ignoring it.

Attachments

• A0B6FECF-4300-4EC4-A610-5E46D98BC0EC.jpeg
    A0B6FECF-4300-4EC4-A610-5E46D98BC0EC.jpeg
    284.6 KB · Views: 32
  • E0E1BCED-05B2-417A-90BE-50E2A72C400B.jpeg
    E0E1BCED-05B2-417A-90BE-50E2A72C400B.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 28

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That is pretty mushy but not necessarily a health problem. You could give a bit of the probiotic to see if it makes any difference. She seems to be eating well so that's good. You can skip the sweet potato or any squash since she has this mushy poo.
If I remember correctly did she have an enema in the past, before she laid her first clutch of eggs ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom