Could my bearded dragon be acting strange because of poop?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, my bearded dragon has been having a dark beard since this morning. It was a little dark last night. But not really. I don’t think I did anything to make her mad. She dosent really want her greens. She laid eggs a few days ago. Yesterday she ate a lot of greens. Like a crazy amount. She also still wanted her crickets today. She was really excited for them. She has been having extra crickets since she laid the eggs. She sometimes gets up and walks back and forth a bit as well. I don’t know how many times she did this today. The dark beard gets a bit better with food. Could this be from poop? Or is it something worse? I feel like sometimes she dosent want her greens when she needs to poop and hasn’t gone in a few days. And, maybe a few times she has a black beard.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
That is pretty mushy but not necessarily a health problem. You could give a bit of the probiotic to see if it makes any difference. She seems to be eating well so that's good. You can skip the sweet potato or any squash since she has this mushy poo.
If I remember correctly did she have an enema in the past, before she laid her first clutch of eggs ?
Yes, she did. It seems to be where when she takes a couple to a few days from pooping. It is mushy like Thai. Then, slowly becomes formed. Then, she stops again. This happened two or 3 times. Before that they were formed and frequent. Pretty mushy, so is it not from too much hydaration?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Maybe from extra hydration and greens. If it just happens once in a while it's fine.
Ok, thank you very much. The last time she pooped before this was Sunday. That looked normal. But, a week before that it was a little while of unformed poops. Then, there was sand in her tank so I couldn’t tell very well. I don’t know if it is more frequent then once in a while.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
That is pretty mushy but not necessarily a health problem. You could give a bit of the probiotic to see if it makes any difference. She seems to be eating well so that's good. You can skip the sweet potato or any squash since she has this mushy poo.
If I remember correctly did she have an enema in the past, before she laid her first clutch of eggs ?
If you don’t mind answering, do you know what health problem you’re thinking it could be if it isn’t from the greens? Is it something to do with the ennema?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Probably not. I'm thinking possibly parasites but again, if the poo is not like this al the time she's probably fine.
Ok, that is a relief. She did get tested for parasites about a little over a month ago. When she had this problem with the large mushy pop the first time. It came back negative. I suppose a month is a long time though. I’m going to try to find food toppers that don’t have water in them. At this moment it looks like she is fine with the plain greens. But, she was refusing them earlier today. A second ago she seemed ok with bee pollen. But, in the past she hasn’t cared for it. I also have a dried flower topper. She also dosent seem to care for that. Thank you very much!!!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom