How much crickets to feed bearded dragon now that she laid eggs a while ago

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, so my bearded dragon laid a second clutch of eggs 3 weeks ago. While she was gravid and after she was gravid, I was told to give her 5-10 crickets a day. Should I still be doing this now that it has been 3 weeks? Is it a permanent thing in case she has another clutch? Or should it go down? I used to give her 5 crickets every other day because I thought the vet said to do that. But, that seems a little low to me. Does anybody know how much I should give her now? She eats her crickets real happily. She is being a bit picky and finicky with her greens.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, so my bearded dragon laid a second clutch of eggs 3 weeks ago. While she was gravid and after she was gravid, I was told to give her 5-10 crickets a day. Should I still be doing this now that it has been 3 weeks? Is it a permanent thing in case she has another clutch? Or should it go down? I used to give her 5 crickets every other day because I thought the vet said to do that. But, that seems a little low to me. Does anybody know how much I should give her now? She eats her crickets real happily. She is being a bit picky and finicky with her greens.
Not sure lets ask AHBD
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes you should feed her 5-10 medium to large crickets a day rather than every other day since she's been laying eggs. You can have her tested for parasites soon if the poo stays runny.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Yes you should feed her 5-10 medium to large crickets a day rather than every other day since she's been laying eggs. You can have her tested for parasites soon if the poo stays runny.
Ok, thank you very much!!! I was doing 8 a day. But, I’ll go down to 5 to encourage her to eat her greens. I will have her poop tested if it stays runny.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom