Do beardies have bones in their toes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do beardies have bones in their toes?
I notice sometimes when Elvis is basking his toes are all bent back and in weird posistions all the time. So just curious.

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
It sure doesn't feel like they do. I always play with Louie's hand/feet when she is sleeping on me. The toes/fingers kind of feel like they have some kind of cartilage in them, not a bone. But, I'm not sure! :?

Yeah my beardie's toes are like this as well, I think it's normal. I mean think about it, it would make it kind of hard for them to walk and climb if they were rigid, not to mention it seems broken bones would be extremely common in that case.

kariann

Hatchling Member
Yes, beardies have multiple bones/several joints that make up their fingers and toes. Clearly these joints have a greater range of motion than our finger/toe joints have since they can bend them in crazy directions without any obvious discomfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom