Decor recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Hi all
Just looking for recommendations on a hide big enough for a dragon. Kai has outgrown his current one, and I’m having trouble finding a hide that is large enough. What do you guys have?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
97951-7863920475.jpg
back corner of tank -
Came from Petsmart and now they dont have this one its a Thrive one now - I think they discontinued the All Living things one -- its big enough for an adult dragon - I dont use the Hubba Huts ---

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have an XL habba hut and it works well. Also some flat driftwood pieces , a stone, and a composite bridge that acts as a platform and hide.

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok so I got kai the thrive hide from Petsmart. I put it in his tank 2 days ago. And no he literally will not come out of it. He has been in his hide sleeping for 2 days. He’s only 6 months old so not brumation. Is this relocation stress??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Awful young for that--- what are you using for lighting ? UVB brand and bulb please and is the fixture the whole length of tank ?
Karrie

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Reptisun t5 in hood with reflector. I am wondering if since the hide sits up a bit higher than his previous basking spot if he got too hot. I woke him up today and he was pissed. Puffed his beard at me. But then he ate some and took some water. And is now basking. I am lowering the basking temp a bit to see if that helps.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What is the distance from the new hide to the UVB now? If its any closer than 12-15 inches it would be too close -- what is the basking temps? Do you have the two bulbs together ? The UVB does not put off any heat it would be the UVB rays would be too strong if closer than the 12 inches---
Karrie

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Is the UVB bulb the one that came with the fixture? If so, it is a 5.0 and, is not actually strong enough for dragons, it will need to be changed to a 10.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom