Close up of Layla!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monotov

Hatchling Member
(Excuse my poor photoshop..)

It would have been better but at the time I didn't have internet and downloaded the desert background on my phone and had to blow it up, lol.

257d1c5.jpg

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
Uh, I highly advise to get her out of the sand. Besides tile is super easy to clean doesn't smell and looks pretty cool and for a tank is like 5 bucks or less!!!

Monotov

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She was on carpet most of the time I had her. I only switched her to sand because she is old enough/ I have thought about switching her back to carpet, but I feel there is no need, personally. I, by no means, feed her on the sand. I don't put any crickets on her sand, I strictly feed her and Monotov outside of their tanks, seperate. She has no reason to ever eat her sand and she has been doing great since I put her in the sand. She loves to dig, and I clean out their tanks at least twice a week. I don't want to put her or Montov on tile just because I feel like they don't get the traction that they need. I've seen them both on tile, they're like a slip and slide. It's not an excuse saying sand is their natural habitat, but it is. Also, I feel like tile would get too hot and I've heard about things with hot surfaces is bad for their tummy. I'm not sure about the tile you use, but whatever works for you is great. :) This is how I take care of my Beardies though and they're healthier than ever! Not everyone has to follow the petty rule of "not having them on sand", unless of course they feed them in their tank. I think it's just a petty rule. If I ever see signs of impaction or any signs of sickness, then I'll do something about it. But my babies are very healthy with the substrate they are on and I don't believe every Beardie owner has to follow the rule of not having sand. It's almost like saying fish shouldn't be in water! Just my two cents, thanks for the advice though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom