UVB to close?

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
So my uvb is about 12 inches from where my dragon normally sits but I had to change a hides placing because it was getting too small and now he’s laying at the very top of the log (what I replaced the small hide with) and it is very close. She seems to not be bothered by it but I don’t want it to hurt her eyes. I can’t rlly lower the hide bc it’s kinda up against the log that is her basking platform

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 41

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What bulb is it, and what is the distance in inches from the bulb to where your dragon lays/basks?

-Brandon

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
What bulb is it, and what is the distance in inches from the bulb to where your dragon lays/basks?

-Brandon
It’s the T5 reptisun 10.0, and where she normally bask the uvb is 12 inches away and the basking bulb is 7 inches away, the place where I noticed her laying is 6 inches away however it’s not directly under the bulb. I’m getting a 120 gallon tank for Christmas so that won’t be a problem for yo much longer. She’s in 48 gallon rn

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It’s the T5 reptisun 10.0, and where she normally bask the uvb is 12 inches away and the basking bulb is 7 inches away, the place where I noticed her laying is 6 inches away however it’s not directly under the bulb. I’m getting a 120 gallon tank for Christmas so that won’t be a problem for yo much longer. She’s in 48 gallon rn
Distance is good for UVB --- try moving the log directly under it-- see what she does-- the UVB will need to go in the tank for the 120 gallon - distance 12-15 inches I would go w/ 13"

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
he place where I noticed her laying is 6 inches away however it’s not directly under the bulb
UVB output is globular not linear, so it doesn't matter if the 6 inches isn't directly under the bulb. If your dragon is regularly 6 inches away from the bulb (measured in whichever direction (sideways, diagonal, etc.) then the bulb is too close.

If your basking site is 12 inches, that's good, but you don't want a spot where they regularly stay at 6 inches away.

-Brandon

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
UVB output is globular not linear, so it doesn't matter if the 6 inches isn't directly under the bulb. If your dragon is regularly 6 inches away from the bulb (measured in whichever direction (sideways, diagonal, etc.) then the bulb is too close.

If your basking site is 12 inches, that's good, but you don't want a spot where they regularly stay at 6 inches away.

-Brandon
She only laid there once that I’ve noticed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom