Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Ah I should've thought of that...I'm sure he'll pass it though they were small squares. I'll do that next time, thx for the idea.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I should've known it was too hard, he was really hungry!
If the knife has a hard time it's not easier on teeth. I'll grate them.

He ate 156 of the roaches this morning. I let him have a mini super as a snack (I don't normally do that) and there he had 97 of them. Breakfast was 9:30 and snack was 11 so his lunch was 2pm and dinner will be around 5. Doing his bath at 4, so we can relax after dinner. I can eat too.
I never eat till he gets fed first.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, he's getting quite an appetite and those bugs are good for him, so he'll really start growing now. Good stuff! Hope that continues, then he'll be a vacuum cleaner for bugs like Ariel is. :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So he's getting bigger! No sheds as of finishing up his last one when I bought him home. That was weeks ago. So if I counted right...March 7 he'll be 20 weeks which makes him 5 months old. If he really was 16 weeks. Always still puffing his beard in the morning.

He had about 5-7 crix and to top it off 14 minis. I'm saving the roaches till I'm out of crix. I got a lot of minis so it's ok of I lose some everyday. He may or may not poop today but he went yesterday so we're good. I'm also glad he's clear absolutely nothing wrong with him or his poop.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I still believe he's going to gain 1g somehow that happens.

So I had him out and he took a flying leap off my bed onto a book cover on thr floor and put him back on the bed to see if anything hurt or broke. Nope, he ran to the edge no limping so his legs work but I think he knocked the air out of him. So he flattened out and let me pick him up so he only freaked himself out. Everything worked out.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I swear they can fly and it sure does stop my heart a bit when they do that. Nathaniel loves to fly around, remember when he somehow managed to get over an 18" tall side into Gabriel's tank? I had to put 9" of partition above the top to prevent him from doing that again. He still eyes it, just to make sure he can't. I'm glad he was ok with you holding him, though, reassured him that he was ok :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well he pooped the butternut sqaush at first I was like why is it orange than I relaized why. Ate a whopping 10 crix he's still not a fan of them but ate more than usual. Later is bath.

Yesterday was interesting. Ok well I thought he hadn't pooped at all but he did it was on the log in the crack of it.
I got most of it and then most the urate came off most not all. Then he pooped by the crocodile skull...it had dried up by the time I got to them. I don't know if I have selective smelling or I didn't notice, but he wouldn't move off the log after I cleaned it up the first time i mean some smell. I wondered why he never left LOL.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, sometimes beardies think they can fly! :mrgreen: They sure can move fast & don't realize there is an end to a bed or table. Glad he was ok.

He sure is eating well. Would love to see more pics of him when you have time. :wink: You're doing a great job with him Kami.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
It was 9 last night so I said ni ni (for night) so I said let's go to bed and within 4 minutes I couldn't find him...i was like he couldnt have gotten out. I realized I didn't lock the doors so he could push it open easily...so I looked everywhere for him and couldnt find him till I look in the cage and see a foot behind the log I look under and he's staring at me (look closely his eye is open) like turn off the lights! So I did. He reminds me so much of young man Vash. Vash did the sane as a young 3 month old.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So I forgot to update this morning.

Broly realized the roaches arent coming anymore LOL.
So he ate 40 crix after that 1 roach, so I think he gets it.
Eat what you have. So he pooped and no bath even though I might...my hygrometer read a high basking temp..but higher than 112 so figure that. Again, he seems to like it..I had down to 110 and he didnt like it. But my probe was right under the bulb but he wasn't in the high temperatures. He was off to the side so hes ok. He likes to bask most of the day instead of crazy scratching the walls like he does close to bedtime.

He's just a brat boy and so is Cocoa..I should have taken the pic of Cocoa and Broly together. Cocoa was asleep and Broly napped on the cat's head. I'm sure he was comfortable which is why he fell asleep on him. Broly is awake most of the time.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom