Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you, Deb! I'll wait till October 15 then he should be 1 according to the last owners.

So he was watching That's So Raven on Disney and I was feeding crickets...well I had a bowl of them I appropriatly measure them and he..ate a big medium not quite large but big..she must have fell out of the tube when I wasn't looking before I can get her back in he gobbled her up.. That was not supposed to happen now I am sitting here thinking of impaction. Hes not gagging or having any trouble breathing after eating her. Hes happily basking, I just hope he can use the potty to put my mind at ease.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Not to worry, he won't get impacted, really. If the cricket was over a large size, then maybe, but not a bit medium sized cricket, won't even bother him, honest.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well that's a relief!

He's doing good waiting for his breakfast of worms.
He did poop this morning before I got up and less watery tiis time so maybe every other day baths are better. He's not potty trained so having hydrated poop is hard to pick up.

He's a happy beardie even though he's a tank kinda guy though. We're working on it.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks Liz & Deb.

Yeah, he won't be a cuddler obviously! Lol.

He didn't eat much this morning, it was mustards
and collards. He ate 4 crix...then 15 pheonix.

so lunch was better than breakfast even after pooping he wasn't into the greens. He did lick up the vitamin so I suppose he got it into him.

In April, Im going to get some things for the new tank before I order it. Hoping to buy a 40...a 30 could help for a while...but hoping 40...will get two new carpets and fixture and the bulbs (buying 2).

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I was wondering, he opens his mouth at me when I enter my hand but never bites...he started that last week or so. Is this puberty or still afraid of me? He didnt do that the first 2 weeks home. Tomorrow will mark 3 weeks home. I do understand this will need more time but I was wondering if this is getting used to me or is he now hitting puberty?

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Then he's just being defensive at his age because Im huge and scary to him. I still get cuddles even though he goes to the end of my bed and looks at me "can I go in now?" Yup, a tank lover.

Results are in:

Pinworms/parasites: negative for all (will test next month)
Coccidia: not high at all, they're stable (no meds, test next month)
Adeno: negative (test in 5 months)

I didn't weigh him yet, but will let you know when I do.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He is 18g now...well that's 1g again.

Just like Tonja said each dragon grows different.
Maybe he's 1g a week guy. At least he isn't down
any grams. Down would be bad, up is good.

Maybe in the future he'll grow more but up 1g a week shows
he's growing and doing well and Im happy he's going up not down. Also clear for any bad things.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Even if it is just 1 gram, that's a gain!! Which is good, Tonja is right and all dragons grow differently. There were some weeks that Finn wouldn't gain at all.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Totally! I'm so happy he's growing and not losing anything!
I need upload pictures..I have two but cannot figure which ones are cuter! I'll post both I'll find time for them. I cleaned the bug bins later today and get them food.

Was that scary when Finn wasn't gaining? Glad he didn't lose any.

I never tracked Vash but I bet he was 1g too.

Thank you for the reassurance.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hopefully so does Broly.

Gave him butternut squash...I think they are too
hard for him. But no they were not too big they were appropriate sized just I think the veggie itself is hard..I'll use the microwave next time. He got them down just fine though. He had to do extra chewing I guess that led me to believe it was hard. He even ate 1 from my hand :D! That was totally cool. He always runs even if food is in my hand.
Now maybe the winds have turned and he's starting to trust me.

I remember how hard it was to train my adorable gerbils, Loki & Thor. I had food in my hand and they wouldnt take it
either. They tried to stay as far as possible from me and take food realized it wouldnt work. Eventually it took 8 days for them to eat from me. 2 months for me to hold them. RIP Loki ( died December 26, 2013).

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom