Breathing strange??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So...he stopped doing that. He did it for 20 minutes though and I've never seen it before. Nearly gave me a heart attack.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Then I saw these...skin from his nostrils? He's having a hard time getting them out. I'm wondering if this is one of those things we let him do? Or help him out? Sorry for all the posts. I just want to share as much info as possible.

null-50.jpg

null-49.jpg

null-49.jpg

Megan1961

Seems to me like he is just trying to shed his nostrils, especially if he hasn't done it since getting the skin out.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
First of all...he has been through around 5 sheds since we had him and I had NO idea they shed the inside of their nostrils!!! I have 2 children and this is what it felt like when they were first born too, haha! It's crazy how freaked out I got. I thought he was choking or something. Thanks for your opinion and I think you're right. My husband rubbed his nose with a q tip really softly and he was back to normal. No stress marks and no crazy breathing or puffing up.

I feel like I should apologize for the panic but I really was that scared at the time :( Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom