Black tail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylorb

I have noticed for about two weeks that my bearded dragons tail is darker. A lot darker than the rest of her body. I'm wondering if it's normal or not.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any pictures of the the tail you could post?
Perhaps your dragon is going to shed. Many times pre-shed, the tail can appear darker before it lightens up to shed next
Unless he has injured it somehow or has had retained shed to constrict the skin, it should be fine.
Please post a picture for us so we can be sure how it looks.

Tracie

Taylorb

Original Poster
IMG_0259_1.jpg

her back and front leg have began shedding so im hoping that is what her tail is gonna do. ive just never seen her tail dark before during a shed

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks like natural darkening rather than a problem. It's common for their tails to darken like that. I don't see any shriveling or wound that would indicate a problem. The right leg does look like it's about to shed though.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, the one leg as well as the middle to end of the tail are both in shed, the tail is fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom