Beardies have a bad TEMPER....

Status
Not open for further replies.

maytes

Hatchling Member
Mine was mean for no reason,i could not pick it up.Its beard flared,mouth open,sort of snarled,yes it is scary.It would scare another animal or human. Beware of your beardie.....

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
This is preposterous.

While I don't doubt that your beardie is mean, it is absurd to say that it was that way for no reason. The most likely causes are the way you tried to pick it up, it's about to shed, your husbandry is incorrect, or it is hurt.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
I agree, there will be SOMETHING wrong, they are not mean for the sake of it. More likely its trying to tell you something but you are missing the other signs.

I really don't understand where you're getting your information from. According to most other people on this site, and in my own experience, beardies generally have a good temper, and are very friendly. Only when something is done wrong, or they are mistreated or sick, do they behave in such a manner. I'll admit, there may be the rare beardie that just generally has issues with people, but they don't behave that way just for fun.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I agree with the above posters. Beardies in general DO NOT have bad tempers. They are very docile creatures and only show aggression when threatened and/or something is wrong(like the others mentioned) with their husbandry or health.
Please don't say things like "Beardies have a bad temper" or "Beware of your beardie". You may give a new owner the wrong impression of the true nature/disposition of a bearded dragon.

kimmie

Sub-Adult Member
Honestly??? I could see why your beardie is mean to you - it's probably read many of your threads you've posted here! :lol:

Angie has flared up and me, mouth open like she's going to attack ...but she doesn't! Most times it's because I've caught her off guard or surprised her ...but she has YET to be mean. But then I do treat her extremely well and she's doing so great!

Starting a topic with that title will inevitabley scare people off IMHO. You're making a generalization of all beardies which isn't true! As I said before, most likely it's something you did or that your beardie doesn't like how you "take care of it"

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Please keep in mind of who posted this and the nature behind the words written. I'm going to lock this thread since it'll eventually end up in a heated argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom