Spike’s Progress

Spider8ait1994

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Spike has just had his annual wellness exam today and its mostly pretty good news.
Still no signs of any masses either in his throat or elsewhere in his body and his weight is building back up nicely. At his heaviest he was around 553 grams and today weight around 527 grams. He had lost some weight over the course of being unwell with the tumor and recovery but he is gradually getting it back.
The vet said that hes doing incredibly well for a dragon whos estimated currently 9-10 years old And who'd been through the sorts of health issue he has.
We've been monitoring a small inflammation mass in one back corner of his mouth lately and theres no immediate concern with that. He'd also developed some swelling of his right eye which we investigated and there isnt any masses or redness present upon examination so the plan is to continue with what ive been doing for that which is applying Chloropt (AKA Chlorsig; Chloramphenicol 1%) to the eye daily as well as topically on the oral inflammation in addition to Meloxicam orally and just monitor how thats going.
All in all Spike is doing well, he actually graced the vet with a fresh poop sample in her sink so a faecal test was done which as we were expecting confirmed no issues with parasites.
Likewise his younger brother Puff also had his annual wellness exam and is also in great condition, estimated 6 years old now, very active and alert, not under or overweight and his weight was recorded at 472 grams which is ideal for his size taking into account he is missing some pieces being tail tip, all but one toe on a rear foot and all the spikes across the back of his head (suspected to have ended up in Spike's stomach while they were kept together by the original owners)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Spike has just had his annual wellness exam today and its mostly pretty good news.
Still no signs of any masses either in his throat or elsewhere in his body and his weight is building back up nicely. At his heaviest he was around 553 grams and today weight around 527 grams. He had lost some weight over the course of being unwell with the tumor and recovery but he is gradually getting it back.
The vet said that hes doing incredibly well for a dragon whos estimated currently 9-10 years old And who'd been through the sorts of health issue he has.
We've been monitoring a small inflammation mass in one back corner of his mouth lately and theres no immediate concern with that. He'd also developed some swelling of his right eye which we investigated and there isnt any masses or redness present upon examination so the plan is to continue with what ive been doing for that which is applying Chloropt (AKA Chlorsig; Chloramphenicol 1%) to the eye daily as well as topically on the oral inflammation in addition to Meloxicam orally and just monitor how thats going.
All in all Spike is doing well, he actually graced the vet with a fresh poop sample in her sink so a faecal test was done which as we were expecting confirmed no issues with parasites.
Likewise his younger brother Puff also had his annual wellness exam and is also in great condition, estimated 6 years old now, very active and alert, not under or overweight and his weight was recorded at 472 grams which is ideal for his size taking into account he is missing some pieces being tail tip, all but one toe on a rear foot and all the spikes across the back of his head (suspected to have ended up in Spike's stomach while they were kept together by the original owners)
Thank you for the update, I've never met Spike or Puff but I still worry about them same as my own.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom