Bearded Dragon shedding question

Status
Not open for further replies.

360waves123

Hatchling Member
hey quick question. when a beared dragon sheds does it mean there growing ?? i kno it also means there shedding old skin showing there new skin but does it also mean there growing ?

I think it does, because I read that they shed once a month for the first year of their life; I imagine that it's due to their growth. :) :study:

Hercules

Hatchling Member
Depending on their age I would say it is a sign of growth if they are younger, older dragons may shed just to get rid of old skin every once in a while as you said. Sheding in a younger dragon is most likely a sign of a healthy growing dragon.

If you would like to make the shedding process easier on him/her you can bath or mist with water more frequently.

One more thing which I'm sure you already know but I wanted to add just incase, make sure you do not pull any of the shedding skin off, this can actually hurt your beardie and damage the new scales underneath.

Hope this was helpful

360waves123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yea hes juvenile i havent put him in the back yet because he wasnt tame and i had started the taming proccess but then he start shedding and start getting more jumpier then what he is because he was shedding i guess it adds stress so i just let him be untill hes done shedding he still has is tail left. he still will drink his water and eat some of his food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKFA
Top Bottom