Bathtub soak question (Leo smeared poop again)

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I know, I know, baths are unnecessary and a bit risky during winter time but Leo got his poop EVERYWHERE. I’m not even kidding. So, just a quick question about bath tubs… If I put reptile conditioner (or whatever it’s called) in it, would there still be a risk of Leo ingesting soapy residue? I just thought it would be nice for him to swim, because he is much bigger than his old bath tub. I mean, like, 8” longer than it, so you know. Is that a bad idea?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Actual swimming is risky for beardies, they use the same muscle group to walk and to breathe, samecfor swimming. They can't do both at once.
If your going to let him swim make sure he can reach the bottom.
I personally have no idea about the conditioner.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Actual swimming is risky for beardies, they use the same muscle group to walk and to breathe, samecfor swimming. They can't do both at once.
If your going to let him swim make sure he can reach the bottom.
I personally have no idea about the conditioner.
Alright, it’s the turtle stuff, but it works for other reptiles as well. It just gets rid of the chlorine, but would it still have the risk of ingesting left offer soaps? I’m going to rinse it thoroughly before that, but my overprotective parent brain is screaming at me about the risks again. Just wanted to make sure.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Alright, it’s the turtle stuff, but it works for other reptiles as well. It just gets rid of the chlorine, but would it still have the risk of ingesting left offer soaps? I’m going to rinse it thoroughly before that, but my overprotective parent brain is screaming at me about the risks again. Just wanted to make sure.
Oh you mean like residue from previous baths 🛁 I don't know the answer to that. I'm like you in being paranoid about that kind of stuff though. I don't use chemical cleaners in the sink I gives baths in because I worry about residual residue being left behind.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
A soak in the well rinsed tub is no problem at all and the depth of a few inches is fine. Supervision the entire time is a must. Cleaning for human use after is also a must. :)

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
A soak in the well rinsed tub is no problem at all and the depth of a few inches is fine. Supervision the entire time is a must. Cleaning for human use after is also a must. :)
I’m just going to use the tub we’ve been using since I got him, he may be big for it now but he doesn’t need it for too long.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom